Contribute
Register

Minihack’s Build: Haswell i5-4250U NUC BOXD54250WYKH1 - 8GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am having some problems with my NUC.

Yesterday everything was working fine but today when i started the NUC i realised that something wrong is happening with power management. Fan is very loud and processor only runs at 2.30Ghz (before it ran at 1.6ghz 1.7.. and when i play some game or when i do something that requires more CPU power it reaches at 2.30; 2.40...) but now it is fixed at 2.30Ghz. The temperature is high and cpu fan is very noisy. I tried to generate a log with available PStates and the only available is: 23. I tried the following:
- Reset BIOS: no result
- Update Clover: no result
- Downloaded clover files again and replaced them in EFI partition: no result
- Reset CMOS: no result

Screen Shot 2015-07-09 at 13.18.45.pngScreen Shot 2015-07-09 at 13.19.16.pngScreen Shot 2015-07-09 at 13.19.42.png

Running 10.10.4

@tr43
I think PState is the right thing to look at. It's handled by SSDT (EFI/Clover/ACPI/patch), you can give a look a clover boot log to make sure it is loaded and you can try to generate your own with ssdtPRGen.

@luisabrie
you should have HDMI audio and you can share AppleHDA_283.kext and config.plist so we can give a look.

@MatrixDivina Everything you need is in the 1st post, what part do you not understand ?

@tr43
I think PState is the right thing to look at. It's handled by SSDT (EFI/Clover/ACPI/patch), you can give a look a clover boot log to make sure it is loaded and you can try to generate your own with ssdtPRGen.

@luisabrie
you should have HDMI audio and you can share AppleHDA_283.kext and config.plist so we can give a look.

@MatrixDivina Everything you need is in the 1st post, what part do you not understand ?

Thank you, i will try. It is very strange because the day before yesterday everything was working perfectly.
This is my CPU load right now with fans running at maximum speed:

Screen Shot 2015-07-10 at 10.21.40.png
Maybe it is not a clover problem but a problem with some app or extension.

One more time thank you for your support

I will investigate what´s really happening. I will give news!
Thanks.

EDIT: What a shame. It was a problem related to my printer. I have one pending job, when i canceled it the power consumption reduced significantly. I discovered that because Activity Monitor showed a process called com.hp.devicemodel.TransportProxy that is hogging almost all memory and very high CPU activity (about 300%). Now everything is working fine. I am sorry for this confusion :headbang: :lol: :rolleyes: :crazy: :confused:

I can not remove the artifacts start and I did not understand how to set smsbios "macmini7.1"
thanks

One option of your plist is misplaced (moved), I think you can safely remove it (see attached file)

About MacMini7,1 SMBIOS just replace the values with the ones available on this page
Code:
<key>SMBIOS</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BiosVendor</key>
		<string>Apple Inc.</string>
		<key>BiosVersion</key>
		<string>MM71.88Z.0220.B00.1409291751</string>
		<key>Board-ID</key>
		<string>Mac-35C5E08120C7EEAF</string>
		<key>BoardManufacturer</key>
		<string>Apple Inc.</string>
		<key>BoardType</key>