Graphics
Intel Graphics HD5000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
@ Stork, Sebinouse
Thanks for your quick answers!

I have some more questions about the installation:

1.) Should I update to the latest bios (0033) version before installation?

2.) After Clover installation to my USB-stick it is written, that I must replace the folders "kext" and "ACPI" with the ones from the "Haswell NUC Essentials.zip". Do I have to change something in the folders "kext" and "ACPI" from the "Haswell NUC Essentials.zip" before copy them or just take them as they are? Because I saw in the "kext" folder that there is one subfolder called "10.9" and one "10.10" - must I delete the subfolder "10.10", if I install Mavericks or does the installer automatically recognize this?

Thanks again for your help!

Motherboard
motherboard or system make & model # > See Rules!
CPU
Intel> Need model # > See Rules!
Graphics
Graphics > model # > See Rules!
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
1) I think this guide can be used with almost any latest bios version : we use SSDTs(non bios related) which "bypass" the DSDT (bios related) ... so I think it's OK. Maybe you should first try with the old bios and then update eventually ...

2) SSDTs files have to be in /EFI/ACPI/Patched/ directory. Kexts files has to be in the /EFI/kext/10.9/ directory for Maverick and in /EFI/kext/10.10/ for Yosemite. Basically you can have both (and also .../10.6/, .../10.7/, .../10.8/ ...), you can also have a /EFI/kext/other/ to share the kext for several version of OSX ...

Motherboard
Intel NUC D54250WYK
CPU
Core i5-4250U
Graphics
Intel HD 5000
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
@foxylady77 - I'm on 0033 w/o any major issues

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Z390
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming OC 8GB
@ Stork, Sebinouse
Thanks for your quick answers!

I have some more questions about the installation:

1.) Should I update to the latest bios (0033) version before installation?

2.) After Clover installation to my USB-stick it is written, that I must replace the folders "kext" and "ACPI" with the ones from the "Haswell NUC Essentials.zip". Do I have to change something in the folders "kext" and "ACPI" from the "Haswell NUC Essentials.zip" before copy them or just take them as they are? Because I saw in the "kext" folder that there is one subfolder called "10.9" and one "10.10" - must I delete the subfolder "10.10", if I install Mavericks or does the installer automatically recognize this?

Thanks again for your help!

I've been running 0033 with both 10.10.1 and 10.9.5 and no issues at all.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
8800 GTS
First of all, thank you very much for this wonderful guide!

I was able to follow easily to install 10.10.1 on my NUC.

Everything went smoothly except one thing that Ethernet. I still don't have Ethernet even after following the guide.

1. I removed AppleIntelE1000e.kext v.2.4.14 from EFI Kexts folder, and installed in Macintosh HD/S/L/E folder
2. Then, I restarted after repairing Disk Permissions.

Ethernet is not listed in Network Preferences, and when I try to add, I only see VPN, PPPoE and 6 to 4 listed in the Interface pull down menu.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thank you very much!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
8800 GTS
Additional information for the question above:

After a while, an error message with a yellow triangle popped up from the system -
System extension cannot be used
The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelE1000e.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update.

I did drag-and-drop of that kext into that folder. Is there a better way to install properly?

Motherboard
MSI Z270M Mortar
CPU
i5 7600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi
I just installed 10.10.1 in my intel nuc following this guide. Everthing works perfectly fine but i have no analog audio. I applied the patch and installed the created kext with kext wizard but it isn´t working, i also rebuild kernel cache and repaired permissions. What do i need to do?

Motherboard
motherboard or system make & model # > See Rules!
CPU
Intel> Need model # > See Rules!
Graphics
Graphics > model # > See Rules!
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It should be OK ...
You can try once again, and don't hesitate to repair permission and reboot several times.

I used to have the same "error" when I was trying to make the MIC work : I reverted to the previous version and it worked ... Do you have a 10.10 version of AppleHDA_283 that you can try ? or Did you try 10.10.1 from scratch ?

Status
Not open for further replies.