Contribute
Register

Minihack’s Build: Haswell i5-4250U NUC BOXD54250WYKH1 - 8GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi dear minihack
Thank you for all of you done! I have installed Yosemite on my NUC D5425WYKH1 and everything is perfect,But the HDMI audio!
I try everything ,but.....
I have done:1.insert the HDEF / IGPU /HUDA to the DSDT, the layout is 1
2.the AppleHDA.kext untouch, just installed the applehda283.kext which the @Sebinouse offered.
3. the clover config.plist i have patched the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul
but the HDMI Audio still not work :(

the Attachments included my system information and DSDT / Clover config.plist!

Help me T_T! Thank you~

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-05 at 11.07.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-05 at 11.07.42 AM.png
    88.9 KB · Views: 118
  • Screen Shot 2015-01-05 at 11.07.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-05 at 11.07.55 AM.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 89
  • Screen Shot 2015-01-05 at 11.08.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-05 at 11.08.09 AM.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 115
  • dsdt.aml
    63.6 KB · Views: 129
  • config.plist
    5.9 KB · Views: 223
hi dear minihack
Thank you for all of you done! I have installed Yosemite on my NUC D5425WYKH1 and everything is perfect,But the HDMI audio!
I try everything ,but.....
I have done:1.insert the HDEF / IGPU /HUDA to the DSDT, the layout is 1
2.the AppleHDA.kext untouch, just installed the applehda283.kext which the @Sebinouse offered.
3. the clover config.plist i have patched the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul
but the HDMI Audio still not work :(

the Attachments included my system information and DSDT / Clover config.plist!

Help me T_T! Thank you~

Hi don't use Dsdt - just Use the SSDT files as in the instructions. Also do not use a posted kext version of AppleHDA283.kext but instead create the kext yourself using the instructions - the kext injector is based on creating a symlink to the AppleHDA.kext in your own system/library/extensions folder so it is important that you create it on your own machine.

Can you please share where I can actually find this file? I can't find this Haswell NUC essentials.zip file. I just downloaded every file associated with this build and can't locate this one file. Here's an idea: maybe someone could copy and paste those instructions so I don't have to rummage through this entire downloads section on this website just to find out how to do something basic.

As has been mentioned - it is not hard to find, just look at the first post. Here's an idea: Get used to needing to rummage around a little because although I have tried to keep things fairly user friendly, sometimes things do need a little patience and background reading.:)

Hi don't use Dsdt - just Use the SSDT files as in the instructions. Also do not use a posted kext version of AppleHDA283.kext but instead create the kext yourself using the instructions - the kext injector is based on creating a symlink to the AppleHDA.kext in your own system/library/extensions folder so it is important that you create it on your own machine.

Yeah, the HDMI audio come back!! but i wonder the different in using ssdt and dsdt. I insert the same HDEF , IGPU and HDAU, but it does't work.....

I found another problem , when the system into sleep than three hours or longer,it will crash. the power light will be lighted ,and the screen keep dark. After restart the system, Clover can't boot the OS Yosemite, and the system Restart again and again.

Got the gmyle bluetooth 4.0 broadcom dongle but cant seem to enable hand off. Tried using the continuity activation patch but it keeps showing "If you want to activate Continuity using a USB Bluetooth 4.0 dongle,then plug-it in now. The script will continue once it's detected" Tried unplugging and replugging it in. No effect.

Is there any sequence in which I should be doing the process to get it activated ?

Bluetooth is showing as On in system preferences and can detect nearby bluetooth devices.

You are a 100% right :

- SSDT will be compatible with any update of the bios (DSDT won't)
- I deleted the kext from my post (I posted it only for a quick dirty test)

Anybody having 2K 2560 x 1440 output from DP?

Was hoping to get this build with cheap Acer CB270HU

Also, does WoL (Wake on Lan) works on this unit (from sleep of course, I believe OS X has no concept of WoL from power off)

Is Intel BOXD54250WYKH3 much different? - difference is only plug (US/UK) as per this

Thanks

sebus

Anybody having 2K 2560 x 1440 output from DP?
My screen is detected and the maximum resolution displayed is the maximum resolution of the screen not the NUC ... I don't see why it wouldn't work according to the spec of the nuc (intel documentation talks about 4K !) and the spec of the IntelHD5000 under MacOSX (the new mac mini can handle two displays of 2560x1600 but with its thunderbolt port ...)
Also, does WoL (Wake on Lan) works on this unit (from sleep of course, I believe OS X has no concept of WoL from power off)
I have no ideas ... sorry
Is Intel BOXD54250WYKH3 much different? - difference is only plug (US/UK)
I've got an Intel BOXD54250WYKH2 (european plug) and it works ;) ...

I'm a little worried about WonkeyDonkey's NUC sudden death ...

I just can't help to think that it's PowerManagement related ... What do you think about that ?

I generated my own SSDT.aml with PikaAlpha script just to be sure and there is no real differences with the one of the tread ...
"About this Mac" displays something like "Intel Core i5 1,9 GHz" and our os a 1,3 GHz with turbo boost at 2,6 GHz...

I gave a look at the P-States and I don't have so many : only 6 (8/13/14/19/23/26) ... how many do you have ? How do you check it ?
Code:
14/01/15 10:53:06,000 kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 13 14 19 23 26

BTW the IMac14,4 SMBIOS works fine for me :
Code:
<dict>
	<key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
	<string>24/05/2014</string>
	<key>BiosVendor</key>
	<string>Apple Inc.</string>
	<key>BiosVersion</key>
	<string>IM144.88Z.0179.B03.1405241029</string>
	<key>Board-ID</key>
	<string>Mac-81E3E92DD6088272</string>
	<key>BoardManufacturer</key>
	<key>BoardType</key>
	<integer>10</integer>
	<key>ChassisAssetTag</key>
	<string>iMac-Aluminum</string>
	<key>ChassisManufacturer</key>
	<key>ChassisType</key>
	<string>13</string>
	<key>Family</key>
	<string>iMac</string>
	<key>Manufacturer</key>
	<key>Mobile</key>
	<false/>
	<key>ProductName</key>
	<string>iMac14,4</string>
	<key>SerialNumber</key>
	<string>C02xxyyyG56K</string>
	<key>Trust</key>
	<false/>
	<key>Version</key>
	<string>1.0</string>
</dict>

About Bluetooth, Thanks MegatronCupCakes for your solution which works perfectly on my BCM94352HMB ... much more stable than the other solutions (Handoff OK)

Attachments

• atm.png
    atm.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 148
Anyone having issues with the video quality when playing YouTube videos at the full screen setting? Hadn't tried this until today. This is only YouTube thus far and only when selecting the full screen button. The only way I can describe it is that the video colors seem to drop from millions to 16. Playing a video file in QT at full screen is not impacted. Could this be something with Flash. I am running video out of the DP port. Have not tried the mini HDMI.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Only happening in Firefox. No issues in Safarai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back