Register

MiniDP Audio not working kabylake 14.3 hd630

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds complex
Kaby Lake audio controller supports onboard audio and Intel HDMI audio codecs
macOS does not support the Kaby Lake desktop or mobile audio controllers
Clover/fakeid does not patch audio controller device ids
RehabMan's fakepciid substitutes the supported Skylake audio controller for the unsupported Kaby Lake desktop or mobile audio controller controller
AppleALC.kext supports the Kaby Lake desktop and mobile audio controllers patch

Last edited:
So is there any possibility to make it work without fakepciid ? I think i dint get the point of your message

Now it's clear. BTW still working here with the last debug posted here

This is the dump of the working hdmi audio. As you can see it is well recognized (unlike before) every time I turn on the machine and also after sleep with and without the external monitor plugged in. Trials and errors is the essence of going forward. I tried every possible configuration to make audio work without any luck. These 2 lines plus fakepciid and fpi hdmi audio made it possible. Don't know how, maybe you can suggest a theory. 1 thing I must say, I provided debug from first post but not in any of your message there was an how to or a way to solve the problem. BTW I thank you because of your attention, and still if you can explain to me how fakepciid is working behind the scenes, I'll be glad. I'm here to learn something more and I'm sorry but I had to answer you.View attachment 388912
And this is how dcpimanager sees it.
You are awesome bro!!

I have been searching through your posts to find any luck. And after 3 or 4 months of searching, i have got HDMI audio working perfectly with your patch. Amazing work.

Confirmed Working in Big Sur!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back