Contribute
Register

MiniDP Audio not working kabylake 14.3 hd630

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the dump of the working hdmi audio. As you can see it is well recognized (unlike before) every time I turn on the machine and also after sleep with and without the external monitor plugged in. Trials and errors is the essence of going forward. I tried every possible configuration to make audio work without any luck. These 2 lines plus fakepciid and fpi hdmi audio made it possible. Don't know how, maybe you can suggest a theory. 1 thing I must say, I provided debug from first post but not in any of your message there was an how to or a way to solve the problem. BTW I thank you because of your attention, and still if you can explain to me how fakepciid is working behind the scenes, I'll be glad. I'm here to learn something more and I'm sorry but I had to answer you.

And this is how dcpimanager sees it.

Attachments

• debug_29221.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 121
Already did that...remember? Btw it is the guide I followed and that is basically the same procedure in laptop support forum. In the debug file should be visible all the parches

This is the dump of the working hdmi audio. As you can see it is well recognized (unlike before) every time I turn on the machine and also after sleep with and without the external monitor plugged in. Trials and errors is the essence of going forward. I tried every possible configuration to make audio work without any luck. These 2 lines plus fakepciid and fpi hdmi audio made it possible. Don't know how, maybe you can suggest a theory. 1 thing I must say, I provided debug from first post but not in any of your message there was an how to or a way to solve the problem. BTW I thank you because of your attention, and still if you can explain to me how fakepciid is working behind the scenes, I'll be glad. I'm here to learn something more and I'm sorry but I had to answer you.View attachment 388912
And this is how dcpimanager sees it.

Can you send a full version of your EFI? I used your EFI and found that the computer couldn't sleep. Can your computer sleep?

Last edited:
You should use your own dsdt. My computer will sleep but only without USB wifi inserted

You should use your own dsdt. My computer will sleep but only without USB wifi inserted

As for mac, I'm still a pupil and I won't be able to sleep on DSDT for the time being. If you don't plug in USB to sleep, you can try to change the USB ports into internal keys, so that you can sleep without plugging in usb.

I don't understand you, sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back