Contribute
Register

MiniDP Audio not working kabylake 14.3 hd630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can it be something related to ssdt or dsdt or relative patches? I say so because I can see HDMI audio interface in Windows and Linux no prob and it works as well. With aida64 it looks like the interface lives on Intel sunrise something HEC1 .. maybe some renames ****ed it all up. What do you think about this?

Can it be something related to ssdt or dsdt or relative patches?
No, Clover is done before macOS starts
What do you think about this?
Windows, Linux, not relevant
Likely conflicts between config.plist and WhateverGreen.kext

That's what I'm referring to! Maybe some patches in acpi in config.plist are conflicting with whatevergreen.... How should I verify that? Whatever green debug?

This is the last debug, interface not seen at all. Another thing that can cause that I imagine a poor deployed layout id admitted that it relies on that

Attachments

• debug_8163.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 87
So I guess I solved!!!!!!!!!! It looks like 8086280a is not really compatible with the system. So I tought why don't use fakePCIID and fakepciidhdmiaudio???? At first it lost audio but the i placed :

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<data>cZ0AAA==</data>
</plist>
and
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<data>caEAAA==</data>
</plist>

or RM,device-id <719d0000>
device-id <71a10000>

and BOOM!!!! Worked at first glance. I don't even have the sleep problem I descripted before.
So I went ahead and reverted the skylake spoof to my kaby lake gpu and it is still working. Only HDMI is not working but I don't really care about it.

It now works 10 times out of 10 and it is listed in ioreg as 280b. I don't really know how but it works. I previously installed fpi but it kept murdering whole audio without these settings

It looks like the system was not picking up the HDMI audio interface. Maybe, this way, fakepciid forces to pickup a171, hence 280b. If you can help me understand I'll be glad to share another debug.

If you can help me understand I'll be glad to share another debug.
It is clear you have no idea what you are doing or why. Trial and error always fails.
Posted 15 "experiments" without requested files
Last request, attach Problem Reporting files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back