Contribute
Register

MINI PowerMac G5 HACKINTOSH (3D Printable)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice!!

Can you tell which 3D printer you used? Where we can buy such a printer and if it's difficult to assemble?
I really like to start this project soon or later together with my daughter who is really into these creative things.
You told 300mm x 300mm but I like it to be a little bigger so I can print larger cases.

Won't it melt when it gets hot?.. seems like a bad idea to use 3d printed parts.

Won't it melt when it gets hot?.. seems like a bad idea to use 3d printed parts.

Most of the plastics have a surprisingly high melt point- PLA, one of the most common filament types, melts between 180° and 220° C- I think if your computer gets that warm you're gonna have other issues

i do like your project very much. great work and good looking!
have you considered to modifiy it for:
- using a more common power supply, eg the tfx format?
- space for a card in the pci slot eg a low profile card?
best wolfgang
and keep hackintoshing as long apple allows us!

Yes, I'd love to see this modified to use a 600W SFX power supply at the top and include a pair of low profile PCI slots at the bottom - OR - Leave the power supply at the bottom, reverse the motherboard tray to include the 2 slot low profile graphics card at the top. The GFX 1050, RX 560, and WX 4100 do not require power from the PSU.

Most of the plastics have a surprisingly high melt point- PLA, one of the most common filament types, melts between 180° and 220° C- I think if your computer gets that warm you're gonna have other issues

Thats not completely right, PLA gets soft at about 60'C.

ABS is much better when something gets really warm- 105' C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back