Contribute
Register

MINI PowerMac G5 HACKINTOSH (3D Printable)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody ever asks this, but what kind of grounding do you get from metal standoffs to 3d printed plexi? Might as well use plastic screws in all your standoffs and save some weight. Would make a great mining rig.... That's one large jumble of a power supply.

Last edited:
Created a custom case for my hackintosh, it resembles a minified Power Mac G5. I have uploaded the parts to Thingiverse in case you’d like to make one of your own. The case is easy to print on a 300x300 printer, flat parts can be printed or laser cut to save time. Everything slides together smoothly, bondo and primer were used to smooth the printed parts.

0.jpg

7a.jpg

7b.jpg

View it on my site here:
https://www.zenvent.com/blog/hackintosh/

Beautiful! Way to go, Pardner!
Very neat, love the idea!

i do like your project very much. great work and good looking!
have you considered to modifiy it for:
- using a more common power supply, eg the tfx format?
- space for a card in the pci slot eg a low profile card?
best wolfgang
and keep hackintoshing as long apple allows us!

Attention: Sur ce forum il est interdit de vendre quoi que ce soit, un modérateur pourrait te bannir. Si tu vas voir les règlements tu trouveras la section où c'est mentionné. Cependant si tu fais de la recherche sur google tu trouveras plusieurs endroits ou tu peux envoyer le fichier pour le faire imprimer par une compagnie indépendante. ;)

For anyone not understanding french, here's what have been said: New member asked if there was an example for sale. I told him we couldn't buy or sell anything on this forum. I also told him he could find some company that would be willing to print it if he sent the file to them. ;)

But they can buy all the electronics using our links! Buyers Guide.

Oh 3D printing is definitely modders future!
Any comments about thermal conductivity and noise isolation?
Very nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back