Gigabyte GTX970
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Fellow hackintoshers, am I asking for too much?

Does anyone know if there is any news on a hack friendly Mini ITX MoBo with thunderbolt?

You see..
I am currently looking at getting the new iMac, AWESOME!

But before I did that I wanted to find out if I should instead attempt to make another small build and buy myself a 27" Apple Display?

I am going to use my next computer for audio recording and video editing and all my gear, including audio interface, uses FireWire. I am also planning on adding a graphics card. Otherwise i could just get a FireWire PCI-card and the problem would be solved.

With a thunderbolt MoBo i can just use a Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter :p

Even a MoBo with onboard FireWire would help but it seems there is no board like that at all.

Thing is I really prefer mini ITX boards and I have really set my eyes on the awesomely looking Bitfenix Prodigy case.

Fellow hackintoshers, am I asking for too much?

Does anyone know if there is any news on a hack friendly Mini ITX MoBo with thunderbolt?

You see..
I am currently looking at getting the new iMac, AWESOME!

But before I did that I wanted to find out if I should instead attempt to make another small build and buy myself a 27" Apple Display?

I am going to use my next computer for audio recording and video editing and all my gear, including audio interface, uses FireWire. I am also planning on adding a graphics card. Otherwise i could just get a FireWire PCI-card and the problem would be solved.

With a thunderbolt MoBo i can just use a Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter :p

Even a MoBo with onboard FireWire would help but it seems there is no board like that at all.

Thing is I really prefer mini ITX boards and I have really set my eyes on the awesomely looking Bitfenix Prodigy case.

If it was me and could wait till December for the 27" that is the route I would especially if you are going to buy a 27" TB Display anyway. Think of it this way. TB Display is $1000. Entry level 27" is $1800. To build a hackintosh that was the same without TB even you are looking at around $800.

Secondly currently there are zero mini itx tb boards. I really wish there was though. Also building one and spending essentially the same money but it doesn't look anywhere near as sexy :). That's just me though.

Thanks for the input!

Thing is that I want a little more juice when it comes to graphics and there is no other option apart from Mac Pro. And who want's to cough up that kind of money? :)

I'll have a look at it when it's available in the Apple store, and if the graphics don't cut I might be building my third build.
I hope that by then, there might be a TB mini ITX board available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back