Graphics
Gigabyte GTX970
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Fellow hackintoshers, am I asking for too much?

Does anyone know if there is any news on a hack friendly Mini ITX MoBo with thunderbolt?

You see..
I am currently looking at getting the new iMac, AWESOME!

But before I did that I wanted to find out if I should instead attempt to make another small build and buy myself a 27" Apple Display?

I am going to use my next computer for audio recording and video editing and all my gear, including audio interface, uses FireWire. I am also planning on adding a graphics card. Otherwise i could just get a FireWire PCI-card and the problem would be solved.

With a thunderbolt MoBo i can just use a Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter :p

Even a MoBo with onboard FireWire would help but it seems there is no board like that at all.

Thing is I really prefer mini ITX boards and I have really set my eyes on the awesomely looking Bitfenix Prodigy case.

Motherboard
Asus X99-A
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
GTX Titan X
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Color Classic
  3. eMac
  4. iBook
  5. iMac
  6. Performa
  7. Power Mac
  8. PowerBook
  9. Quadra
  10. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Fellow hackintoshers, am I asking for too much?

Does anyone know if there is any news on a hack friendly Mini ITX MoBo with thunderbolt?

You see..
I am currently looking at getting the new iMac, AWESOME!

But before I did that I wanted to find out if I should instead attempt to make another small build and buy myself a 27" Apple Display?

I am going to use my next computer for audio recording and video editing and all my gear, including audio interface, uses FireWire. I am also planning on adding a graphics card. Otherwise i could just get a FireWire PCI-card and the problem would be solved.

With a thunderbolt MoBo i can just use a Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter :p

Even a MoBo with onboard FireWire would help but it seems there is no board like that at all.

Thing is I really prefer mini ITX boards and I have really set my eyes on the awesomely looking Bitfenix Prodigy case.

If it was me and could wait till December for the 27" that is the route I would especially if you are going to buy a 27" TB Display anyway. Think of it this way. TB Display is $1000. Entry level 27" is $1800. To build a hackintosh that was the same without TB even you are looking at around $800.

Secondly currently there are zero mini itx tb boards. I really wish there was though. Also building one and spending essentially the same money but it doesn't look anywhere near as sexy :). That's just me though.

Motherboard
ASUS Z97I-Plus
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX970
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks for the input!

Thing is that I want a little more juice when it comes to graphics and there is no other option apart from Mac Pro. And who want's to cough up that kind of money? :)

I'll have a look at it when it's available in the Apple store, and if the graphics don't cut I might be building my third build.
I hope that by then, there might be a TB mini ITX board available.

Status
Not open for further replies.