Contribute
Register

Mini ITX Coffee Lake Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
I´m planning on building a mini itx - mac mini pc. It will be mostly used for Office, Streaming some R and SPSS and some Lightroom and Photoshop. Apart from Hearthstone I don´t do any gaming. I looking for a quite and small form factor build. For a start i would be quite happy with just using a the igpu - but the case should have enough room for upgrading to something like a Radeon RX 560/570. I won´t go Kaby Lake if that means i have to wait 2-3 months I´m fine with that. Also would prefer to use High Sierra over Sierra.

i3 8100 or i5 8400 (will I really profit from the two extra cores?)
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI or ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac (nice onboard sound + shielding would be appreciated as I´m not very happy with the noise interferance my macbook causes in sleeping mode on my Presonus Eris E5)
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB 2x8 Kit (or one 16GB stick for better upgradeability - would this make the system less stable?)
Corsair SF450 450W SFX12V (if there are any cheaper good options I´m happy too)
Jonsbo U1 Plus (if u have any other options that still have a minimalistic design and are more quite I´m open for suggestions)
Samsung EVO NVME SSD (256 or 512GB)
HGST Travelstar 7K1000 EA 1TB or Crucial MX300 1TB

already own: Magic Mouse, Dell U2515H

Thanks alot for your feedback and thoughts,
Clemens

Hello Clemens,
I also want to built a Coffee Lake ITX Built.
If you really want do do some Photoshop I would definitly go with the i5 8400.
For your MOBO Choice ...If you want less Problems with installing Sierra...use GA Z370N Wifi ...

Please tell me what you bought and and what Problems you had..

Best Wishes for your Hackintosh
Erik :)

PS..My personal Case Choice would be NZXT H200i

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back