Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everybody,

after two weeks of intense studying:

- Mobo: Gigabyte ga-h55n usb3

- CPU: Intel core 650 i5 3.2 ghz 4 mb

- RAM: DD3 1333 mhz pc10666 4 gb g.skill eco cl7 (2x2gb)

- GPU: Asus VGA 1024 mb ENGT 240 silent (I'm looking for a 9800 gt silent but it seems to be not avaiable in italy..)

- Case: silverstone sg07

- system hd: intel ssd 40 gb x25-v g2 2,5 "

- data hd: Samsung 1 tb hd 103sj 7200rpm spinpoint F3

- Monitor: Samsung led 23" XL2370HD

already owened: Logitech illuminated keyboard and logitech wireless mouse.

Any suggestions or improvements?

Thank you for your help.

nefroone said:
Hello everybody,

after two weeks of intense studying:

- Mobo: Gigabyte ga-h55n usb3
- CPU: Intel core 650 i5 3.2 ghz 4 mb
- RAM: DD3 1333 mhz pc10666 4 gb g.skill eco cl7 (2x2gb)
- GPU: Asus VGA 1024 mb ENGT 240 silent (I'm looking for a 9800 gt silent but it seems to be not avaiable in italy..)
- Case: silverstone sg07
- system hd: intel ssd 40 gb x25-v g2 2,5 "
- data hd: Samsung 1 tb hd 103sj 7200rpm spinpoint F3
- Monitor: Samsung led 23" XL2370HD

Any suggestions or improvements?
Looks very good...
I'd switch the RAM for G.Skill Eco 1600MHz@CL7... Should be a small price diff.
Add a cooler !... The Scythe Mugen-2 (my favorite) won't fit in that SilverStone, but the Scythe BigShuriken will !

What about DVD ? Get a Sony-Optiarc or Pioneer, as other brands will affect sleep.
But finding a slim one might be tricky...

Good Luck !
Lnx2Mac

Lnx2Mac said:
What about DVD ? Get a Sony-Optiarc or Pioneer, as other brands will affect sleep.
But finding a slim one might be tricky...
Sure! I've just forgotten about it! I found a Sony-optiarc dvd burner slim for about 30 €. Perfect!

Lnx2Mac said:
Add a cooler !... The Scythe Mugen-2 (my favorite) won't fit in that SilverStone, but the Scythe BigShuriken will

I was thinking about the possibility of a passive CPU cooler, since there is a big fan on the top of the case, but i don't know yet... your cooler looks very nice!

Thank you!

nefroone said:
I was thinking about the possibility of a passive CPU cooler, since there is a big fan on the top of the case, but i don't know yet... your cooler looks very nice!
The Scythe fans are amazingly quiet...

I initially though about going passive too, but with these fans, there's no need to go pushing limits...

Consider a Lian Li Q11 mini ITX case and a Silverstone SFX PSU.

Power supply is awesome and eficient and with 36A on 12V you have clean power.

Lian li case is also awesome. I am waiting this 2 items to complete my current rig.

Also, why not 750 instead of 650? is almost same price. For a great experience i also sugest an SSD drive, like Intel 80GB has Hack OS and 1TB Samsung F3 Sata for data.

q11-f.jpg

Lian li case is very very nice... Extetically I prefer it to Silverstone SG07.
The problem is:
I don't know if asus gt240 (23 mm lenght), PSU and scythe big shruiken cooler will fit all togheter in that case... has anybody experienced with it?

I don't know if I'm not replying too late, but anyway...
The problem with Big Shuriken is that it blocks the PCI-E slot on the H55n. Normal Shuriken should work though, and the GT 240 too. Check out this thread on hardforum, several people posted photos of their Q11 builds: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1523097

I bought the Scythe Shuriken Rev 2 indeed... it will fit with no problems, and the gt240 too (it's 23 mm long and will fit at limit).

Today I received part of the shopping list. I will inform you about the progress of the build...

Thank you!

Build completed 100%. Installed Snow Leopard with iboot + multibeast.

Works fine, i'm just looking for a solution for audio chipset (Hoping for a new solution for audio al892 chipset coming soon...).

The only things i don't like very much are:

1) the psu (enermax pro 87+) is a little too big for that lian li case. Buy a smaller one or at least a modular one!

2) the samsung spinpoint 7200 hd is the noisest element of the build, and puts the case in vibration... and that's not the best thing for a very quiet pc... i would have prefer a quieter hd (like 5400 rpm or others), since it was just a data storage disk...

Anyway...

I'm very very happy for my new build!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back