ATI Radeon 5770 (Mac Edition)
WD Green 500GB SATA II
MOD XStream Pro 600W Modular PSU
Rosewill RNX-MiniN2 Wireless Adapter

Booted with unibeast.
Installed OS X.

What IS working:
-Wireless
-5770 works native and I'm running cinebench on it now will post scores asap.
---UPDATE: Cinebench R11.5 rated my OpenGL at 33.42 FPS.---
-HDD appears to be fine.
-Ram is working fine.
-Processor is shown as an i7... seems to be working fine though, cores, cache etc all read correct...

What IS not working:
-Booting without unibeast does not work. I get he restart please screen with the big power symbol.
-Audio does not work. I tried HDA rollback and 8xx from multibeast. Still not showing up.
-Sleep is not working...

More updates soon.

I occasionally got the restart message but it restarted on its own and worked.
Do not see message in last two weeks, self healed. I am using HDMI audio so no mic.

I am using voodoo 0.2.1.
I installed this first.
Then I added kext from toledo on first page.

I am using audio chip on video card.
You might try disabling main board audio and use the HDMI video/audio.
Or vice versa.
Toleda has a post on disabling video card audio.

One wild guess try creating an aggregate device in audio/midi setup utility.
Usually Syba usb audio works, but I just tried it on mine last night and it does not work.
Before I did all mods Syba worked with video card.
My guess is Syba will work if no other audio patches are there or twinkling from Multibeast.

I am assuming you installed Chimera using Easybeast.
Rboot will also work.

You are almost there.
The 5770 is nice card but hard to find.

Yea HDMI audio with the card is a no go, I don't think the card is meant for it. I'm waiting for tomorrow to see what Apple is using. I may go Z77 or grab an H67N here locally I found. I'm guessing my processor is a bad choice as well seeing as Apple doesn't use any of the Pentium Series even though it's Sandy Bridge.

Chimera won't boot it, only way to boot is using unibeast boot loader from USB drive to select HDD to boot. Could be that it is a WD Green Drive. Need to test my other one when I get it back.

What was your install under Multibeast. Can you take a picture and show it here. Mine boots no problem at all and with your ATI 5770 it should all work OOB. Even HDMI sound should work with the patched AppleHDA next included in latest Multi Beast.

My install

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-06-11 at 5.37.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-06-11 at 5.37.28 PM.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 239
You must select either Easy Beast or User DSDT install with the DSDT provided in the first post placed in your desktop. Select one or the other and install. I prefer user DSDT. And do not forget to click system utilities again. Should boot all by itself after that.

Boot failure big power button screen again :cry:

With -v -x

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 235
Can you please install NullCPUpowermanagement next from MB and see what happens?

I thought that was for Mac Mini sys def only? I'll reinstall and give it a shot, this last one can't boot back in at all.Thanks for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back