Contribute
Register

Mini Cube — H110MSTX-HD3 — i7-7700T — RX 560

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't the GigaByte have a backup bios? Can you even get into the bios? Do you get a POST screen or have a speaker attached?

It does have dual BIOS yes, but it's not posting!, I'll have to check the manual to see if there are other pins to short!. Is it worth dismantling it then putting it back together?.

Is it worth dismantling it then putting it back together?.
Possibly... You never know what small glitch may be interfering... Was this the motherboard that survived the drop test? Remove everything but one DIMM... and see what happens.

Oh, and another discovery: A right-angle SODIMM adapter to get lower profile, but seems to point back at the CPU so it may interfere with the heat sink mount. Of course you can't use 2 at the same time.
Right-Angle.jpg

Possibly... You never know what small glitch may be interfering... Was this the motherboard that survived the drop test? Remove everything but one DIMM... and see what happens.

Oh, and another discovery: A right-angle SODIMM adapter to get lower profile, but seems to point back at the CPU so it may interfere with the heat sink mount. Of course you can't use 2 at the same time.

No it was the Prime H310T I drooped with the Engine 27 attached, fortunately!, it's built like a tank that thing!. I swapped the Acasa to the cube, I figured it would do a better job on Intel 'T' series than a 'K' series.

I'll dismantle and rebuild over the next two days, annoying too because I installed Monterey 12.5 with a fresh EFI I put together. That's another cool adapter and useful, I've purchasing that M.2 to PCIe adapter though, another great find sir!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back