Contribute
Register

Mini Cube — H110MSTX-HD3 — i7-7700T — RX 560

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also just noticed on the Gigabyte website there is now a H310MSTX-HD3 motherboard, supports 8th & 9th gen Intel processors. Has the same dimensions as the H110MSTX, 140 x 147mm.

I bought it!. A GA-H310MSTX-HD3 (rev. 1.0) motherboard, same dimensions as the H110MSTX-HD3 motherboard, so hopefully just a simple case of switching the motherboards. Support for 8th & 9th gen Intel processors but everything else is pretty much the same. Which is good because I'm a huge fan of the H110MSTX and it's that hardware that will become the yellow iMac. Thinking of the i9-9900T processor to pair it with.

Afters weeks and months of neglect, I finally bought the 'Mini Cube' back to life with Big Sur 11.6.1 and OC 0.7.4 on Halloween!. Successfully updated to Monterey this morning and wow, it feels so much more responsive than Big Sur. Bluetooth doesn't work unsurprisingly, but I read there are solutions.

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 5.50.23 AM.png

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 10.53.25 AM.png

Yay!, fixed Bluetooth!, I wasn't expecting that. while Apple busily rewrites their BlueTooth stack, boffins that exist in the web fixed it last week. Looking in system report revealed that this tiny little Bluetooth dongle had a BCM_4350C2 chipset, there was hope. A quick search on the web later and I found out that downloading BrcmPatchRAM ver 2.6.2 (Bump Version) and adding the BlueToolFixup kext to your EFI, don't forget to Snapshot!, Solved!.

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 10.43.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 10.39.22 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 11.15.44 AM.png

Last edited:
With Apples upcoming Mini Event, (all things Mini, new SE, Mini, Mini Pro/Cube and iPad is my guess). I felt inspired to get my cube working to the best of it's potential using Catalina, it's definitely more responsive than my Monterey OC install, work needed on the EFI. Using my original Clover 5119 EFI for the H110MSTX, I successfully installed Catalina, Wifi and Bluetooth are working perfectly.

Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 8.12.07 AM.PNG

IMG_2228.jpg

Last edited:
I found an EFI written for a Gigabyte H110M DS2, by DMNerd on GH, but support ended with Big Sur and OpenCore 0.7.1. It Booted Monterey 12.3.1 first time, after I installed the CAT5e cable I downloaded HackinDROM, updated OpenCore to 0.8.0 and rebooted successfully to desktop. I'm guessing DMNerd liked creating USB maps and SSDTs, which tend to be unique to peoples hardware and also says,

'Strictly speaking, these components do not need USB mapping. You do not get over the arbitrary limit imposed by MacOS. But there are some advantages, like marking the port bluetooth hub is connected to as internal and making sure your usb 3 runs on the maximum speed.'

I removed SSDT-EC, SSDT-HPET and SSDT-SBUS-MCHC, also USBPorts.kext. I swapped RaltekRTL8111.kext for a IntelMausi.kext, I've always had a great ethernet connection using this kext on this build. I also added BlueToolFixup.kext which supports my BCM20702A0 BT dongle.

DMNerdH110MDS2.png
HazanH110MSTX.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 7.47.05 AM.png

I'm not sure if sound works, I do have a speaker lying around that I can connect, will test when I remember where I saw it. There's also a restart issue which I need to sort out. The closest Mac comparison, according to DMNerd, is iMac17,1, I've posted some GB5 comparisons below.

iMac18,1 v iMac17,1.png
iMac18,3 v iMac17,1.png
iMac19,2 v iMac17,1.png
MacMini8,1 v iMac17,1.png
iMacPro1,1 v iMac17,1.png

Last edited:
I'm always happier on smaller builds and it amazes me at how efficient Intel used to be, the i7-7700T barely uses 2W most of the time. iMac19,2 SMBIOS seems to be the best definition to use on this board.

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 11.51.17 AM.png

Last edited:
@craighazan FYI There are M.2 -> PCIE adapters for M-key slots that seem to work fine on my NUC. Will try some Mini-STX boards later. I had a NUC that had no video output, so I pulled one of these adapters out and gave it a try. GPU mining riser is powered by an external MOLEX power supply.

NUC-M.2-Mkey.jpg

NUC-M.2-Mkey2.jpg

@phunguss thats exactly what I’ve been looking for!, not just for the H110STX, but also my H310T. I have an issue with the H110 though and I’m worried that I might of killed the board. I’ve been getting 10 second boot loops, BIOS doesn’t post. I’ve reset that and unplugged the battery, just boot loops.

@phunguss thats exactly what I’ve been looking for!, not just for the H110STX, but also my H310T. I have an issue with the H110 though and I’m worried that I might of killed the board. I’ve been getting 10 second boot loops, BIOS doesn’t post. I’ve reset that and unplugged the battery, just boot loops.
There are plenty on eBay like this one. There are also a direct USB->riser like this one (I have one I will test soon).

Doesn't the GigaByte have a backup bios? Can you even get into the bios? Do you get a POST screen or have a speaker attached?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back