Contribute
Register

Mini Cube — H110MSTX-HD3 — i7-7700T — RX 560

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 8.08.09 PM.png

That's better!, I put shrouds around some ports but not all, I still have to add the extensions to the back. I compressed The Mac Pro grille to 4mm thick.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Following your steps closely!!

But I don't understand the process, the black flat cable will go on the motherboard and you need a power brick + a power supply?

Did you came across this adapter?: http://www.bplus.com.tw/ExtenderBoard/P4SM2.html

Am I wrong of this adapter would fit between your board and the cable of your device?
P4SM2_1.jpg

Following your steps closely!!

But I don't understand the process, the black flat cable will go on the motherboard and you need a power brick + a power supply?

Did you came across this adapter?: http://www.bplus.com.tw/ExtenderBoard/P4SM2.html

Am I wrong of this adapter would fit between your board and the cable of your device?View attachment 462807

The connection to the motherboard is mini PCIe, the same connection that's used for the wifi card, under the M.2 SSD slot. I'm planning on using an ethernet cable for internet, so I'm not concerned about losing this slot for the eGPU, yes, it will need a separate power supply, so its no Picasso. I have attached a video below explaining the process. Im planning on getting a QuadroK600 for testing.

6000.png

Last edited:
I revised the MmIO too, removed the shrouds around the ports, though I'm having issues with phunguss's extensions disappearing, its a software issue. The 3D printer will be delivered today, so I'll continue tidying up before printing.

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 9.10.49 AM.png

Last edited:
I saw this part, the price is Ok with me... it's just the look...
It's nice but I would prefer the OG io.

I actually got the power button to work, i just need to figure out the USB's.
I revised the MmIO too, removed the shrouds around the ports, though I'm having issues with phunguss's extensions disappearing, its a software issue. The 3D printer will be delivered today, so I'll continue tidying up before printing.
You should add some kind of surroundings for the openings for strenght purposes. If you print with PLA, strenght will be a problem.

You should add some kind of surroundings for the openings for strenght purposes. If you print with PLA, strenght will be a problem.

I think your right, I added shrouds around the port holes before. I'm not sure what plastic, if any, comes with the printer. Is it a little brittle?.

Hi @phunguss, my 3D printer arrived but it didn't come with a spool of plastic, (sorry for my use of unprofessional terms). The supported filament types are ABS, PLA, PETG, Wood, Copper Fill, Steel Fill, Bronze Fill, etc. Do you have a recommendation?. I'd like it to be white and slightly opaque, does ABS fit that category?. Is there a brand of filament you prefer?.

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 5.01.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 5.00.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 5.00.57 PM.png

Found a open box Thermaltake Engine 27 1U low profile CPU cooler on ebay for $25, over 1/2 the price on Newegg. Shipping is $8, but thats still a $20 saving. Resisting the urge to pick up a Yeston 550 4GB, we'll see how long that lasts.

I would recommend starting with PLA, it's the easiest for beginners. It's a bit more brittle but will be plenty for your application. ABS is very strong but it's a pain in the a$$ to print.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back