Contribute
Register

Mini Cube — H110MSTX-HD3 — i7-7700T — RX 560

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is so awesome. I'm like totally jealous. I'm thinking of trying to do a small footprint cube to use as an additional media server for one of my TV's

Thank you!, I encourage everyone to make their own cube!.

Last edited:
This post is a hell of a ride.
Thank you for sharing.
Thanks to the participants to show me that human kindness is not a thing of the past.
The community is strong here!

This post is a hell of a ride.
Thank you for sharing.
Thanks to the participants to show me that human kindness is not a thing of the past.
The community is strong here!
You’re welcome @z0lt4n, that’s been the most fun part about this project for me. So many contributions and suggestions from the community here, this was definitely a group project.

This was by far my favorite contribution! Just shows there are still people that takes time to help others just for the heck of it!

By far the best forum out there!

The Mini Cube got a free upgrade today!, an i7-7700T!.

Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 5.09.50 PM.png

Ouch!, bricked my cube!. I was reading over the Dortania guide checking out Kaby Lake ACPI things for my hp G3 mini. At this point I looked at the OC EFI in my cubes ACPI folder and noticed it was empty!, don’t ask me how that happened!. I immediately downloaded the ‘things’, two if I’m not mistaken!, forget to visit propertree, rebooted, verbose, display goes to sleep. Last verbose message ‘Previous Shutdown Cause: 5’ and ‘APFS Module Start 2436’ and finally ‘Dumas’. Btw love the search tool here!.

I removed my OC Big Sur SSD and installed the Windows SSD, I'm planning to reinstall OC Big Sur with a new installer. This cheered me up though, I haven't used windows on this machine for a while, and the last I checked It didn't recognize the GPU, but now it does and it even gives the temp. So it can dual boot and Both OS know there's a GPU installed.

Screenshot 2021-03-10 160752.png

Up and running again!.

Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 10.06.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 9.26.23 AM.png

Besides the free i7-7700T, I also purchased 32 GB Ram from Newegg, there was a $10 discount code at the time of purchase but I think it's expired now. I immediately did some benching once installed, broke the 4K multicore score!. One thing I noticed and I guess it has something to do with the amount of lanes available, dual booting sucks 5000 points from the Metal bench, so for now I'm just booting from the one disk. And just recently I compared the Metal bench between my M1 8core GPU MacBook Air, Optimac 7040 MT with an RX560 and this build!. One thing I learnt, I'm not getting the full use of the 560, but it's not all that bad. I also changed SMBIOS to 18.3 from 17.1, there doesn't seem to be any issues, apart from the mouse pointer being a lot smoother. I chose 18.3 as that had the nearest CPU to mine.

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 6.26.16 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 6.29.29 AM.png

Work continues on the rear IO, slowly admittedly but I did get as far installing the power switch before breaking a wire, luckily I have 2 mini's to salvage parts from.

IMG_0526.jpg

Did a clean install of Big Sur on the Cube, I've missed not using a desktop. After the update to 11.5.1 I tried out the HackinDROM tool and updated to OC 7.1 using the below settings, those were the only setting selections I could confirm, and everything still works!.

Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 5.27.56 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back