Contribute
Register

Mini Cube — H110MSTX-HD3 — i7-7700T — RX 560

Status
Not open for further replies.
the length of the RS53R cable
@craighazan , the cable length is a choice when you order it. My first one was the 10cm. I ordered a 2nd one at 15cm to see if I can twist it the correct way to have the RX560 face-plate the same direction as my mini.

@craighazan , the cable length is a choice when you order it. My first one was the 10cm. I ordered a 2nd one at 15cm to see if I can twist it the correct way to have the RX560 face-plate the same direction as my mini.
Thanks phunguss, I didn't notice that before!. I also bought a longer one at 25cm I should be able to get both the IO pointing in the right direction.

Having spent many weeks neglecting my Hackintosh's, because my WIP AMD build requires much reading and is also very good at gaming!. And after successfully installing Mojave on the other WIP, Dell 7040. I purchased a bargain 27" monitor, ($140 off!!), from a brick and mortar store for my mini, a hp 27f. The mini has been acting mischievous lately with what I suspect is the wrong version of clover being used. I found that after creating the USB installer and reaching the CBM boot screen, I could select the installer and it would start installing, but after the first restart everything would disappear. Using another USB installer with Clover 5119 revealed the installers and I was able to continue and reach the desktop. A quick bench showed the RX 560, interestingly GB5 will quit half way through the 'Metal' bench, but OpenCL completed the test.

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 10.47.00 AM.png

I just want to vouch for the durability of the mini when dropped, or 'fell off' would be more accurate, from a table top onto a tiled floor!. as you can clearly see the CPU cooler took some damage but other than that all is well.

53F63CFB-7AE3-449D-8F64-45F9E7B9C903.jpeg

@craighazan - Any more updates on this? Keen to see that eGPU setup!

Hi!, it's funny that you ask, I can update you!. Here it currently is sat next to me as I write my response. I purchased a 250mm RS53R cable, enough to twist and enable both IO's to point in the same direction.

IMG_0207.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 2.38.35 AM.png
Also reprinting the base in 4 pieces this time and only 4 seams to clean. Deciding on what height the neck should be between the 2 minis, fixing the graphics card in place and upside down requires a bit more thinking though. I have enough play in the RS53R to move around, just not enough to swing a cat!.

CPMm.jpg

Last edited:
Another update to the ‘update’, I just finished printing the base, just 4 pieces that lock together. The motherboard sits nicely on the standoffs, I have access to front and rear IO, but the Mm shell is a bit tight, so I’ll clean up the prints and that should solve the problem.

C2E27501-B2A1-4F34-915A-422ED6FEC664.jpeg

13BE85FE-32EA-4227-9985-898540A62580.jpeg

1EAC3B87-9361-43CC-8514-BCC968D2124E.jpeg

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 11.22.27 AM.png

Attachments

• 2009 Mac mini Base.stl.zip
    85.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Very nice job mate! Very keen to see the outcome of this. Keep up the great work.

Santa came 2 days early, I guess due to COVID restrictions placed by various governments from around the world!, logistical nightmare I imagine. Either way I'd like to thank Santa and Rudolph for sending me this, an Ender 3 Pro. The larger print bed allows me to print the Mm base in one piece, instead of smaller pieces, removing ugly seams and headaches. I'll update with the finished print in about 8 1/2 hours.

D5E56305-8F28-4FB6-8D9B-97BB3C716F83.jpeg

That was fun!, base complete!. After leaving the printer overnight, I woke early to find the base finished. I removed the supports and fitted the motherboard, it snapped nicely into place, the shell sat nice and snug too, I'm half way there!.
I can access the front USB3 and USB Type-C port now that the board has been lowered by 12mm.

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back