CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 780
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a Problem with Minecraft on Mavericks. In Windows it runs over 200 FPS, while it just seems to get about 40 in Mavericks. I tried Minecraft version 1.6.2 to 1.7.4, no difference. I tried reinstalling osx and changing every graphics setting in Minecraft. I also tried using a Nvidia GTX 570, it has even lower FPS as the 660ti.
Also the graphics card does not even use full Boost clocks while playing minecraft, as to be seen in HWMonitor.

Every other Game is running fine, the Graphics card is working very well otherwise.

Has anybody else experienced the same Low FPS issue in Minecraft on Mavericks? I think it may just happen to discrete nvidia cards, but i am not sure.

Please tell me how Minecraft runs for you :)

same here! I suppose Minecraft uses the internal Intel Graphics?! As I try Minecraft only with Intel HD Graphics and without my GTX 760, I reach the same FPS like now with my card.
Maybe it cause, that I still don't find any kexts for the gtx 760 that manage the power, because with hwmonitor my card eats 30 watt more.
I hope somebody here can give us an solution for this problem :/
under OS X I have many problems with the GTX 760

What other problems do you have with your card? My card is running very well in games like metro last light and others.

I have disabled the onboard graphics in bios, so it cannot use it. I think apple is somehow limiting the amount of Power java is allowed to use? Has somebody run a java benchmark to compare both systems?

This is not a problem with your graphic card because minecraft mostly use the cpu, except if you use shaders mods.

I've the same problem but only with minecraft 1.7.4 not the 1.6.4. Which version of java are you using?

Same problem here, on Elementary OS i get about 80 FPS and in OSX 10,9 i hardly raise above 20 FPS.

I think the origin of the problem lies with the fact that java is using only one core in OSX since the processor load doesn't exceed 25% while running minecraft.

I'm not able to solve that yet, Java settings don't mention anything about core assignment.
Every other game just runs fine.

Hey guys, I can't help with your problem per se but if you go into the minecraft menu and open up snooper settings it should tell you what version of OpenGL you are using.

My mavericks is running Minecraft using OpenGL 2.1 when I have a 4.3 (4.1 on OS X) capable card. I haven't looked at my FPS in Minecraft but I think that it may be correlating to a problem.

Sorry I can't be of more help but that information may help someone who can help.

Now Minecraft works fine with version 1.7.x:
I installed the NVIDIA Web Drivers for my GTX 760 (follow this guide) and Minecraft is the most time at 60 FPS in FullScreen Mode. I attached a screenshot from my snopper and video settings...
GPU Power Management is also working with the Web Drivers from NVIDIA :thumbup:

Attachments

• screen00.png
    screen00.png
    191.1 KB · Views: 672
  • screen01.png
    screen01.png
    248.5 KB · Views: 541
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back