CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD620, 3840 x 2160
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out which options I select for multibeast to make it load to mac OS X by default and to make my audio/graphics/network to work.

My specs are as follows:

Motherboard: GA-H67M-D2-B3
CPU: i5-2400 sandy bridge (3.2GHz)
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 (from what I understand this video card is natively supported? I don't need to install anything for it to work, but I can't get a video or any sort of game to play. I get an 'Out of range' error. Something to that effect.)

If you guys need to know anything else lemme know! But this is my millionth time trying to do this, so any and all help is welcome!

have you updated to 10.6.7 or 10.6.8 yet?

Currently sitting at 10.6.8.

EDIT: I'd also like to note that I DO NOT see the famous Mac OS X intro video for some reason. I have a feeling I picked up a shitty motherboard :/

great.

find out what revision you board is firstly.
it will be written on the board somewhere, and itll say something like "Rev 1.1" or similar.
then once youve found that out, find out what bios version you are using.

itll either say it as its booting up, and look like 'F4'. you can also find it by going into the bios.

once youve got those 2 things sorted, go to the dsdt database on this site, chose your board, and revision and bios version (all three have to match your board, eg GA-H67M-D2-B3, REV 1.1, F4). download the correct dsdt, then put it on a usb stick.

boot into your hackintosh, take the dsdt you just downloaded off of your usb stick and put it on your hackintosh's desktop.
rename the file to DSDT.aml.

then open multibeast, select userdsdt and system utilites only.

restart the computer when its finished and it should boot into mac.
once thats done, come back here and we'll move onto audio/ethernet etc

Ok great thanks man! I know that its 1.1 F4. And I did download the DSDT so I'm step ahead of you! I'm going to do a clean install just incase (I ran multibeast before and I am now getting kernel panics).

cool, saves us time then.

when you used multibeast before, which options were you using? did you rename the dsdt after putting it on the desktop?

Yes, I renamed it to DSDT.aml or whatever it should be.

Uhh.. I was selecting quite a few. There was probably one I shouldn't have selected though. We will figure it ok!

when using multibeast on a newly setup system, i adopt the approach of 'less is better'.

use the least amount of options, starting with its importance.
eg, start with only userdsdt/system utilities, then once it can boot off of the hard drive then move onto audio/ethernet, then onto anything else.

makes it easier to diagnose what is wrong by knowing what was selected if something screws up, and what else needs doing once the basics are tackled.

Yeah, thanks for the advice. I hadn't even thought of that... >.>

So if I don't put iBoot into the CD drive after doing user DSDT and system utilities, it should load straight to mac OS X right? Should I select the chameleon thing under bootloader?

yes, after userdsdt and sysutils in multibeast, your pc should boot into mac without iboot.

userdsdt or easybeast select everything needed to boot up the system, eg chameleon, the boot.plist, /extra folder etc.

taken from multibeast, userdsdt explanation

UserDSDT is a solution for those who have a pre-edited DSDT on the desktop with an .aml extension. Installs your DSDT as DSDT.aml, Chimera v1.5.4 r1394, FakeSMC, 32-Bit org.chameleon.Boot.plist, MacPro3,1 smbios.plist and tonymacx86 Remixed theme. The system will be bootable from the hard drive and ready for sleep with all hardware recognized in System Profiler. Does not include any Network or Sound drivers or Graphics support beyond GraphicsEnabler. Install with System Utilities tasks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back