I7-3770
Graphics
Radeon RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello All.

I currently have a working Dual Boot system with Catalina and Windows 10. However, my Windows 10 SSD is full. I'd like to migrate my Windows 10 drive to a larger SSD. I've used two different cloning softwares on the Win 10 side trying to clone the old drive on to a new larger SSD however when I do that, Clover doesn't see the new drive when I try to boot. What am I doing wrong here?

Hello All.

I currently have a working Dual Boot system with Catalina and Windows 10. However, my Windows 10 SSD is full. I'd like to migrate my Windows 10 drive to a larger SSD. I've used two different cloning softwares on the Win 10 side trying to clone the old drive on to a new larger SSD however when I do that, Clover doesn't see the new drive when I try to boot. What am I doing wrong here?

You could add the EFI driver in the Clover driver files. Would be called something catchy like ntfs.efi or very similar. Probably one in Clover configurator. I had this problem and that's how I solved it. It goes the same place the apfs.efi driver is.

Hello All.

Rather than move the OS to a new drive, copy all of your file folders (Documents/Pics/Videos/etc.) to a new larger SSD. Then, in the Windows File Explorer, change the path of your icons under Quick Access to the drive letter>folder on the new drive. Once you have confirmed the files have beed copied from User\You\Documents, etc to the new drive, delete them from User\You\Documents, etc. This will free up space on the OS SSD. Once this process is complete, open any app that you use to access the files and change the default drive location for that type of file - i.e. if your default save location for documents is C:\User\You\Documents then change it to D:\Documents assuming your new drive letter is D:\.
1598620941331.png

You might also want to Refresh your Win10, keeping any 3rd party apps you have installed, then make sure to update everything before you start using the OS again.

This keeps your files separate from the OS and allows you to completely wipe the OS drive if it becomes corrupted or infected without disturbing your files - you will not lose anything if the OS drive goes bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back