fk1

Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 7347 (Dell 0F9PPM)
CPU
i5-4210U
Graphics
HD 4400 1920x1080
Hi guys,

last year I have build a Hackintosh system for my brother as a birthday gift. I splitted a crucial mx500 512gb into half partition for win10 and the rest for mojave plus clover and it worked out well. now my brother is running out of space so I added another adata sx7000 512gb NVMe SSD I had left since I upgraded to a TB for my own computer.

Now I hoped it might be somewhat easy to take some partitions from ssd1 to ssd2, extend the NTFS partition in win10 nd the APFS in mojave but I am not sure anymore and am scared of data loss.

anyone did this and has a failsafe method? I was going to clone the NTFS partition only to the complete SSD2 space and after that I hoped I can extend the space that became free on SSD1 for the APFS partition with mojave. I am scared that if I do clone the NTFS completely to ssd2 I am not able to extend the APFS volume as planned, I remember from older windows experiences where you cant extend a partition because the free space is "to the left" of the given partition instead of "to the right", hope you guys know what I mean and can give a good advise, its needed.

best regards

Moved to Multi Booting.

Boot Mac OS, open terminal type and hit enter
diskutil list
take a screenshot and post

or

boot Windows 10
click in search box to right of start and type
disk management
select the disk management tool
click on the window that shows the drive structure, alt+print screen and paste in reply

sorry took a while but was ill. please see the screenshot of terminal, the first drive is the added name and I already tried to clone the win partition over here and seems like it worked, all data is here, unfortunately I cloned with an AIOMEI freeware tool that wants me to pay as soon as I want to make the clone bootable.

my idea was to have this clone on the new ssd and then when usable (I guess I can make this bootable with clover or EFI conf!?) delete the win partition on the old ssd and hopefully be able to extend the old APFS partition onto the old win partition/space
Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-17 um 14.28.05.png

Your best bet is to clone the Mac OS to a separate SSD and leave the Win10 alone. Your Win10 clone drive is legacy MBR formatted while your original is GPT: FDisk partition scheme vs GUID Partition scheme.

me again, tried to clone the APFS partition to the NVMe SSD but failed: I can't even delete/partition/initialize the NVMe drive with diskUtil, when it comes to partitioning it crashes :( I have APFSDriverLoader.efi and PartitionDxe-64.efi files found in my CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder from 2018, also I added NVMEfix.kext under CLOVER/Kext/other but no luck. I can't add or install anything with the clover configurator since it says the downloads were successful but can't write due to "no permission here". Mounting the EFI folder didn't help. I couldn't find one win10 tool that clones or copies APFS partitions. any idea?

me again, tried to clone the APFS partition to the NVMe SSD but failed: I can't even delete/partition/initialize the NVMe drive with diskUtil, when it comes to partitioning it crashes :( I have APFSDriverLoader.efi and PartitionDxe-64.efi files found in my CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder from 2018, also I added NVMEfix.kext under CLOVER/Kext/other but no luck. I can't add or install anything with the clover configurator since it says the downloads were successful but can't write due to "no permission here". Mounting the EFI folder didn't help. I couldn't find one win10 tool that clones or copies APFS partitions. any idea?
Install Mac OS on a separate SSD - forget cloning it.
Use Windows disk management tool to delete the Mac OS partitions on the original drive. You can then create a new partition in the resulting unassigned space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back