Register

<< Solved >> Migrated to OpenCore, lost USB all functionality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-VPRO
CPU
Graphics
I test migrated my High Sierra installation to OC using a tester OC USB stick late last year based on a recommendation by guru Edhawk as we were troubleshooting my graphics issues. You can read that thread here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/graphics-corruption-60hz-on-dp.304330/

The outcome of using Edhawk's files is that using OC I can get to the OSX user login screen (it takes a while to get there, signs more work needs to be done eventually), but all of my USB is non-responsive (all ports). So, I'm stuck since last year having to boot using F8 on my keyboard using my Clover boot drive backup on an external USB drive every time I boot as my original boot drive has been cleared of some essential Clover files that were part of the cleanup to prep to migrate to OC. EdHawk's instructions were: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/graphics-corruption-60hz-on-dp.304330/post-2201659

I'm unable to find threads on troubleshooting USB issues at OSX login, and the OC FAQ doesn't address this issue as far as I can tell.

Its been months since I've been booting with F8 all the time, and I'd like to either move to OC, or give up. If anyone has any guidance I'd be very appreciative.

To avoid jumping around threads I've attached the EFI folder to this message.

thanks,
RDP

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Now I am curious about why there are so many .aml files and kexts for your Z77 motherboard and 3770K.

Now I am curious about why there are so many .aml files and kexts for your Z77 motherboard and 3770K.

The previous thread I linked to has Edhawk coaching me through deleting one (redundant OC), and adding three aml files. The others he seemed fine with. For the kexts, I had much more initially, and he whittled it down to what you see now.

Are there any specifically that you find interesting?

Note: I am overclocking.

P.S. I'm not really qualified to give you accurate answers, I'll do my best however. I'm not the geek I used to be.

thanks,
RDP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back