Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Guys this is my first post on TonyMac, so just wanted to say hi first.

So recently I got into the idea of buying a mac but realized I didn't want to spend that much money so decided to try install osx on my HP Elitebook 840 G1. I have read all the FAQs and Guides up for my laptop and realized I need to change my wifi card because intel 7260 was not supported, which is my current wifi card. I went on amazon and bought the BCM94352HMB. I was reading the amazon reviews and it said its not compatible with HP but I saw some guy posted saying it worked with his HP elitebook G1, so carelessly and with too much excitement, bought it. Since I am getting the WiFi card soon, decided to open up my laptop to see how difficult the process would to be replace the wifi card. It didn;t look too bad until I saw a bunch of M2 logos on the side of the laptop, I realized they were most likely just screw types and didnt bother. Then I read the guide again to make sure and saw that it said if youre laptop has M.2/NGFF, then I need to buy the BCM94352Z. I am pretty sure I dont have the M.2/NGFF but I am kind of worried now and was hoping one of you could look at the pictures of my laptop to make sure that it is not and the card I bought originally (BCM94352HMB) should work fine.

I have attached pictures.

Also one more question, I currently have a Intel HD 4400 Graphics card from Intel HD Family Graphics. I have seen a couple posts showing issues with this graphics card, I was wondering if that is true and making sure there are work-arounds for these problems.

Thanks

IMG_0270.jpgIMG_0271.jpgIMG_0272.jpgIMG_0273.jpg

Hey Guys this is my first post on TonyMac, so just wanted to say hi first.

So recently I got into the idea of buying a mac but realized I didn't want to spend that much money so decided to try install osx on my HP Elitebook 840 G1. I have read all the FAQs and Guides up for my laptop and realized I need to change my wifi card because intel 7260 was not supported, which is my current wifi card. I went on amazon and bought the BCM94352HMB. I was reading the amazon reviews and it said its not compatible with HP but I saw some guy posted saying it worked with his HP elitebook G1, so carelessly and with too much excitement, bought it. Since I am getting the WiFi card soon, decided to open up my laptop to see how difficult the process would to be replace the wifi card. It didn;t look too bad until I saw a bunch of M2 logos on the side of the laptop, I realized they were most likely just screw types and didnt bother. Then I read the guide again to make sure and saw that it said if youre laptop has M.2/NGFF, then I need to buy the BCM94352Z. I am pretty sure I dont have the M.2/NGFF but I am kind of worried now and was hoping one of you could look at the pictures of my laptop to make sure that it is not and the card I bought originally (BCM94352HMB) should work fine.

I have attached pictures.

Also one more question, I currently have a Intel HD 4400 Graphics card from Intel HD Family Graphics. I have seen a couple posts showing issues with this graphics card, I was wondering if that is true and making sure there are work-arounds for these problems.

Thanks

View attachment 185733View attachment 185734View attachment 185735View attachment 185736

7260HMW is half mini PCIe. You can use BCM94352HMB.

For install, follow guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11-a.html

Yeah that is the one I was planning to follow, thank you for the help. Quick random question, I am currently a student studying Computer Science and I find operating systems a very interesting field, any tips I can use if I wanted to start working with this kind of things, like being able to make drivers that work for the new skylake processor etc. or is that something that requires a lot of hardware knowledge that cannot be abstracted away?

Yeah that is the one I was planning to follow, thank you for the help. Quick random question, I am currently a student studying Computer Science and I find operating systems a very interesting field, any tips I can use if I wanted to start working with this kind of things, like being able to make drivers that work for the new skylake processor etc. or is that something that requires a lot of hardware knowledge that cannot be abstracted away?

Anything can be learned if you put your mind to it, and put the time in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back