Asus 680 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I've had my hackintosh running well for music production during a few years since last installation (Mountain Lion).
I decided to update to yosemite and did a fresh installation of it using multibeast.

Everything did work perfectly, the installation went very well. Was impressed how easy it was with the tools provided from tonymac.
But I have one problem now...

I can't get the MIDI keyboard to work within logic X/OSX. I've tried everything I can think about.

My midi keyboard is connected via USB, its a M-Audio Axiom Air 61. All the other USB-devices works like they should.

What I've tried:

-Installed drivers/software from m-audio page.
-Changing usb-inputs.
-Adding the drivers manual in logic.

After a while I got to the conclusion that its a problem in OS X (I think).
When I check MIDI settings in OSX, it can't be discovered there either.
Tried updating firmware on the M-audio keyboard as well, but its not discovered within that software either.

Now Im hoping for some help from you, because Im out of ideas. Should I try to update something with multibeast?
Would really appreciate some help in this, because I'm getting mad :)

Perhaps you've already tried, but a quick search on Google gave me this.

Hi,

I've just started a new threat about this issue. I didn't realise this one was previously opened.

In system report, under usb, can you see your midi device? Did you know MIDI devices must be connected to USB 2.0 ports?

In my case, I connect my MIDI Maudio prokeys 88 to the mobo rear USB 2.0 port. I can see it is recognised in MIDI settings but doesn't work. In system report I can see it under USB 3.0 connections.

The midi keyboard works if it's connected to an internal card reader (containing one USB 2.0 port). The card reader is connected to internal mobo USB 2.0 connectors.

Perhaps this will help to isolate the issue.

I've discovered that my midi keyboard works ONLY if it's connected to the internal motherboard USB 2.0 port connectors (all of 3 work). Any of rear USB 2.0/USB 3.0 can "drive" my MIDI keyboard. I've also tried the internal USB 3.0 without any success.

I believe rear USB ports (USB 3.0/USB 2.0) share the same "hub" circuit which cannot supply enough current, according to USB 3.0 spec. I guess the internal USB ports share a different "hub" which is USB 2.0/USB 1.1 compliant and supply more current to drive my MIDI keyboard.

I think for me there is no point to keep investigating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back