Contribute
Register

MIDI not working, Missing MIDI drivers, Noise leakage to speakers Apollo Twin Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X Ultra Gaming
CPU
I7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Hello all, I have everything working except 2 problems and maybe some of you had the same issues and could help me to get directed to the right direction. I am using the computer for home studio music production.
I use Universal Audio Apollo twin MK2 Solo. This is a analog to digital converter pretty much. I connect it to the USB-c port of the computer and I am able to hear the sounds from the computer.
For the MIDI keyboard I use Yamaha MOX8 (Midi is a communication language between computer and the music keyboard).

1. Midi keyboards are not recognized. Actually the computer recognizes the usb devise but can not find it when I try to add a midi devise. I also downloaded the drivers for the keyboard and no luck again. I suspect that the MIDI firmware is missing. The audio inputs and outputs work fine (microphone, aux, etc..). please let me know if you have any thoughts. I have been researching but it seams there is not much info on MIDI problems.
This is from; About This Mac>System Report> Hardware>USB . ..So it finds the devise, Please Help!
USB 3.0 Bus:
Host Controller Driver: AppleUSBXHCISPT
PCI Device ID: 0xa12f
PCI Revision ID: 0x0031
PCI Vendor ID: 0x8086

Yamaha MOX6/MOX8:
Product ID: 0x1503
Vendor ID: 0x0499 (Yamaha Corporation)
Version: 1.00
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Yamaha Corporation
Location ID: 0x14d00000 / 1
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 2
Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

2. There is an annoying buzz in my speakers. it seams the CPU noise gets into the speakers some how. I plugged in the computer separate from the power source of the speaker (different power line (circuit breaker) ) and the noise has been reduced half volume. the reason I think it is CPU related because when I move the mouse around the screen, the CPU gets worked up, the noise gets worse. I use Yamaha HS8 Speakers connected to the Apollo twin and Apollo connected to the computer with a USB-C to Thunderbolt 2 with an Apple TB3 to TB2 adapter. The Thunderbolt port works fine. I think there might be noise leakage from the motherboard to the USB-C port. that said when I use the Headphone to monitor from the Apollo there is no noise. when I unplug the speaker from Apollo while the speaker is powered on, it fixes the noise. It seams I can not find the correlation of the noise source.

I use Universal Audio Apollo twin MK2 Solo. This is a analog to digital converter pretty much. I connect it to the USB-c port of the computer and I am able to hear the sounds from the computer.

Hello,
I wanted to know how did you connect your Apollo to the computer ? Did you use the USB-C port to connect your apollo with thunderbolt 3 ?
Is your motherboard Z170X Ultra-Gaming ?
I've heard that the USB-C port is not a thunderbolt port, it is only usb-c.
Can you tell me more about this question of thunderbolt ?
Thank you..

Did you ever get this figured out? I'm having the exact same issue right now; USB audio recognized but the midi ports on the same device are not. I had everything working fine in Yosemite and just wiped my drive and installed High Sierra. This is a huge pitfall for me.

Did you ever get this figured out? I'm having the exact same issue right now; USB audio recognized but the midi ports on the same device are not. I had everything working fine in Yosemite and just wiped my drive and installed High Sierra. This is a huge pitfall for me.
Note, my audio/midi device is USB 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back