Contribute
Register

Microsoft Surface Laptop given in iFixIt score of 0/10 (Unrepairable)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z170A Gaming M7
CPU
Intel Core I7 6700K
Graphics
MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
I apologise if this is in the wrong sub forum, I don't post here often but I just saw this and thought it was worth mentioning...

For those who don't know, iFixIt are the go to website but teardown videos and repair guides, they've got thousands of guides on their site ranging from consumer electronics to computing devices.

They recently got their hands on Microsofts new surface laptop and well, a picture can say a thousand words so just watch the teardown video and prepare to be shocked

As you can see you need a freaking heat gun and spudger just to remove the keyboard and its pretty much impossible to remove the battery without destroying the entire device.

Obviously people are drawing comparisons to Apple devices and are saying that MS are just copying Apple. Long time and open Apple critic Luis Rossman disagrees however and I gotta say, I agree with him. I don't like Apples business practices however Apple have built a reputation of software that just works and they've earned the right to charge a little more for the hardware because the user experience is a step above anything MS and Windows can offer.

This is nothing more than a giant dick move by Microsoft, its overpriced and unrepairable for no reason other than greed.
Anyway here's Luis' video...

Please post any thoughts and opinions.

They have a subscription purchase model for these devices in USA. Upgrade after 18 months. Nothing to do with Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back