Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H87-HD3
CPU
Intel Core i5-4570
Graphics
AMD Radeon R9 380
Hi everyone,
I'm having an issue with noise/interference on a modmic through a 3.5mm jack. I've got my hackintosh set up to use AppleALC (after a lot of battling) and everything seems to work OK apart from sound through my headphones being a bit quieter than usual (which isn't an issue) and my mic input being really noisy.

I've installed AppleALC (version 1.5) using clover configurator which worked flawlessly with audio layout 1 (showing as internal speakers and internal mic) but audio was lost on every reboot. Changing to a different layout would result in the computer not booting (stuck at the apple logo) and now audio layout 1 no longer works either. If I inject any layout now in clover configurator I have to remove it in the audio tuning options in clover before it will boot.

In the clover configurator devices tab I've switched to "Detect", rather than injecting a particular layout id as that consistently gets audio to work, but that gives me these noise issues. The audio inputs and outputs are shown as Microphone (pink rear) and 7.1CH respectively. In case it's relevant, before this I did have VoodooHDA (from multibeast) installed, but I installed AppleALC and removed that - it's possible that there are some traces lingering though I guess.

Does anyone know what might be going on and if there's a fix for this at all? As you can probably tell I'm a bit new to hackintoshing so sorry for not having more info! Happy to provide more if that would be helpful - if I need to post any logs just let me know how to create them. I'll put some system specs below. Thanks in advance!

macOS version: Mojave 10.14.6
Product name: iMac15,1
Motherboard: Gigabyte H87-HD3
CPU: Intel core i5 4570
GPU: AMD R9 380 - 2 monitors plugged in to digital outputs but none have speakers attached
Audio codec: ALC892
Kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder: AppleALC.kext, Lilu.kext, FakeSMC.kext, USBInjectAll.kext

PS if the advice is to get a PCI or USB soundcard that's fine too - recommendations would be very welcome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.