Contribute
Register

Micro-ATX build MSI MAG-B460M-MORTAR+i5-10500+RX470 - Open Core | Catalina/Big Sur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to the system settings required internet and Chinese language how to fix that. Thanks
B460m Mortal, CPU i5 10400 Card rx 470 thanks

I Dont know why my Ethernet not work.
Mag B460M same you: Realtek RTL8125 Ethernet.
Im sure pluged cab, and it worked well in windows.

Attachments

• photo_2020-11-20_01-45-10.jpg
    photo_2020-11-20_01-45-10.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 173
I Dont know why my Ethernet not work.
Did you copy the kext named "LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext" in the EFI folder?

Also, did you select the speed as written by the OP in the first post?
Realtek 8125 Ethernet card required to manually set to 100baseTx(or 1000baseTx depend on your network speed) to work.
For that, in the "Network" preferences, click on "Advanced" then click on the last tab "Hardware" and select "Configure: Manually" and then "Speed", either "1000baseTx" or "100baseTx" depending on your router capabilities.

Awesome guide!

I have this motherboard with a RX 5700XT and the latest version of Catalina installed fine which is awesome. I have one issue and a noob question though:

1. The WiFi and Bluetooth aren't working or recognized by OSX, has anyone managed to make this work? Is there a workaround?

2. (really newbie question) Should I use MultiBeast to make this bootable or should I use other tools to copy the EFI from the USB to the hard drive? Currently I still need the USB to boot.

Thanks guys this forum is the best!

Awesome guide!

I have this motherboard with a RX 5700XT and the latest version of Catalina installed fine which is awesome. I have one issue and a noob question though:

1. The WiFi and Bluetooth aren't working or recognized by OSX, has anyone managed to make this work? Is there a workaround?

2. (really newbie question) Should I use MultiBeast to make this bootable or should I use other tools to copy the EFI from the USB to the hard drive? Currently I still need the USB to boot.

Thanks guys this forum is the best!
1. There are two versions of MSI b460m mortar, I guess the one you are using is the wifi version which comes with a intel wireless card, if that's the case you need to install extra kext driver for bluetooth and wifi(and customize usb map as well for bluetooth part to work). From my experience, I will highly recomend you to buy an apple wireless card (such as bcm943602cs) and a pcie x1 adapter, just pulg and play, no driver or kext needed.
2. You can just copy the EFI from USB to hard drive(in EFI folder), and boot from UEFI hard drive

Hey, I made a bootable stick with Big Sur from my MacBook for my new PC Build. I mounted the EFI Root and copied the latest EFI posted here but it won't work. I boot from the stick and click "Install macOS Big Sur (external)", it shows the Apple Logo and the loading bar loads for some seconds, then it terminates and goes back to the Boot Menu. When I try to install again it shows "Your computer restarted because of a problem Mac..."

Is the EFI File posted here "plug and play" ? I didn't edit it, I just deleted the .plist files except of the default one, because I am using the iGPU.

Hello!

First, thank you very much for the guide. It is great and very helpful.

In the ACPI folder you have the SSDT-PLUG.aml file for better CPU power management and the SSDT-AWAC.aml file to enable the legacy RTC clock, but you also have the SSDT-PM.aml ¿What does it do? Is it for the Embedded controller or/and USB power properties missing on Comet Lake?

I am using the MSI B460M Mortar WiFi version which comes with an Intel wireless card (AX200), I will install the extra kext drivers for Bluetooth (IntelBluetoothFirmware) and wifi (AirportItlwm); Do you have any advice on how customize USB map for Bluetooth part to work? I’m planning to buy an Apple compatible wireless card (bcm943602cs) but I want to give a try first.

One last question, is it safe to delete all .efi files from the Tools folder except for the OpenShell.efi? If not, then what do they do?

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate your sharing of knowledge.

I have the I5-10400F, works perfectly!
Hey how did you bypass problem with "an internet connection is required to install macOS"?
I have my ethernet cable connected, and can't change speeds from 2.5gb/s to 1gb/s while installation proces.
I'm stuck :(

EDIT
I found a solution, I will write it here for every hackintosh friend :)

1. Close installation
2. Open terminal
3. In the terminal type in:
ifconfig en0 media 1000baseT
4. Close terminal
5. Install macOS

Last edited:
I have same motherboard, and I'm trying to fix my Audio. All jack works but the back orange out port does not work, maybe need to fix via pinconfigurator? I'm a neewbie :/

PS: I've tried with different layout id on bootargs and AppleALC kext before.

dust261's Build:
MSI MAG B460M MORTAR - i5-10500 - RX 470

Hi. Until now I didn't install any Hackintosh. I just a gaming PC and the configuration is as below. I need to install mac OSon this.
INTEL I5 10400 F PROCESSOR - T
MSI MAG B460M MORTAR WIFI INTEL 10 TH GEN MOTHERBOARD
GIGABYE RTX 3060 EAGLE GRAPHICS CARD
ADATA XPG D50 16GB RGB RAM 8x2 3600 MHZ - WHITE
LEXAR NM100 128 GB M.2
KINGSTON A 2000 1TB M.2
COUGAR AURUM 750 W POWER SUPPLY
FIRST PLAYER GAMING CASE B7.

Can you help. I tried using UniBeast and created a USB. I saw you have some files uploaded here. Should I have to copy all those?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back