Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 6
CPU
I7 6700k
Graphics
Evga 950 SSC 2gb
I have a Corsair C70 case that the mic port in front panel has not worked ever since I got it last year. Didn't realize it til later on in the year when trying to use the Mic. Headphone jack in front port and usb ports are fine.

Motherboard rear inputs for mic/headphone jacks work fine in back of my hackintosh. I have checked the connections to the motherboard. Not sure if there is a setting somewhere that I could check that is keeping only the front mic port to not work.

Also, could I have a solution on connecting some type of extension from the mic port in back allowing me to then plug the headset in to front panel headphone jack and usb? This would keep me from having to unplug speakers in back and plug in all connections for headset to back plugs. I use speakers probably more than I do headset.

Looking for options to get around a possible hardware fault. O

I had mic in back so I figured it was strictly hardware. Instead of replacing front input panel on case the wife had an idea of running splitter in back from working mic port. So I can plug mic into that. Works great. My next option would have been to replace the piece of hardware.

Sorry I couldn’t be more assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back