z77 pro3
CPU
i5 3570k
Graphics
GTX 660Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,

I wanted to update my Hackintosh to catalina since it's still on High Sierra.
Therefore, I bought a brand new usb drive, which I formated under windows.
Unibeast told me to format the drive in macos extended journaled.
I went to diskpart and started the process according to the unibeast guide.
At this point I got an error which I don't remember exactly, saying something like "failed to create the partition table".
I thought I could just try again, so unfortunatly I didn't take a picture of the error.
Sadly, the drive doesn't show up anywhere anymore.
Its gone in diskpart, in Windows using diskpart/listdisk and even in gparted under Linux.

Since I didn't keep the bill, I can't exchange it for a new one.
This isn't really a hackintosh problem, but I have no further ideas at this point and I refuse to just throw the not even used drive in the trash.:banghead:

Thx for help, it's well appreciated.

Cheers:wave:
-----
Also I don't know if this is the right place to post this, so anyone feel free to move the thread where it belongs

Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile - Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

You don't need a USB flash drive to upgrade from High Sierra to Catalina.
Make sure that first you :
Backup​
Update Clover​
Update Lilu/WhateverGreen/AppleALC kexts.​
Then download and install OS update from the App Store.​

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I can't get passed the Backup :oops:
I copied my entire drive to another new drive using Superduper. I used the clover configurator to mount the EFI partition on the new drive and installed the latest clover from the download section onto the new drive. I then replaced the config.plist file with the working one from the old drive. However, the pc just won't boot from the new drive :cry:. It's telling me to reboot and select a proper boot device, did I miss something? Just to add: I can boot into the system on the new drive using clover from the old drive, so that part went alright...
Also I hope my profile comply with the rules now :angel:

In case anyone comes across this, I managed to fix the drive using this fix:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back