Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
HD 630
Hi folks,

Putting my machine together and using the :

Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 32GB (8GB modules). The Heatsinks on the models are too high for my CPU cooler. Can someone recommend an equivalent memory stick that is low profile that would work..

thanks

-Brad

Hi folks,

Putting my machine together and using the :

Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 32GB (8GB modules). The Heatsinks on the models are too high for my CPU cooler. Can someone recommend an equivalent memory stick that is low profile that would work..

thanks

-Brad

Most editions of memory modules come in low profile or heat sink versions. If you can return the modules and exchange them you could go for the same modules just in the low profile version. Alternately if you can't exchange the modules it will be cheaper to change/exchange the cooler.

Thanks for the reply.. I am building a compeltely silent PC and really wanting to use the NOFAN CPU cooler, which is huge..

I guess my question is more in the relm of, does it really matter which ram I use for the hack. Seems the buyers guide general recommends crucial. Can I just pick up some other brand 8GB DDR3 1600 ram?

Already got the RMA going with newegg..

thanks

-Brad

Thanks for the reply.. I am building a compeltely silent PC and really wanting to use the NOFAN CPU cooler, which is huge..

I guess my question is more in the relm of, does it really matter which ram I use for the hack. Seems the buyers guide general recommends crucial. Can I just pick up some other brand 8GB DDR3 1600 ram?

Already got the RMA going with newegg..

thanks

-Brad

If the motherboard you are buying the ram for is in your profile, my suggestion would be to check out the memory support list from Gigabyte. Once you know which manufacturer of ram you want, ensure that its the low profile version. You will have a good selection offered on the memory support list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back