Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Im using a Clover build
with
2 x 8GB sticks of kingston hyperx fury DDR3-1866
my z97x ud3h bios shows proper 1867..
however my system profile shows it as 1777.. could this be the reason my display flickers black or static intermittently?

Does anyone know how to make memory recognize proper 1866 memory speed

Thanks

Screen Shot 2015-02-19 at 3.23.56 PM.png

Im using a Clover build
with
2 x 8GB sticks of kingston hyperx fury DDR3-1866
my z97x ud3h bios shows proper 1867..
however my system profile shows it as 1777.. could this be the reason my display flickers black or static intermittently?

Does anyone know how to make memory recognize proper 1866 memory speed

Thanks

View attachment 127196

Go into Clover Configurator (download it if you don't have it), open your config.plist, and navigate to SMBIOS and set "Trust" to true. This may fix your issue, it did for me...

Cheers!

Go into Clover Configurator (download it if you don't have it), open your config.plist, and navigate to SMBIOS and set "Trust" to true. This may fix your issue, it did for me...

Cheers!

Thank you very much sir, fixed!

Wow thank a lot @AGuyWhoIsBored !!!

Does anyone know if this is a simply a cosmetic thing or will it possibly help with some kernel panics I have been getting that seem memory related? ie: page faults

Does anyone know if this is a simply a cosmetic thing or will it possibly help with some kernel panics I have been getting that seem memory related? ie: page faults
Regarding the wiki page: Used to give priority to memory descriptor values found in SMBIOS or SPD. Change if your memory is described incorrectly in Mac. :headbang:

PS: Thanks a lot @AGuyWhoIsBored!

Regards

Regarding the wiki page: Used to give priority to memory descriptor values found in SMBIOS or SPD. Change if your memory is described incorrectly in Mac. :headbang:

PS: Thanks a lot @AGuyWhoIsBored!

Regards

So it is purely cosmetic. I was seeing the same thing but if it's just the description that's wrong, I'm not going to mess with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back