Contribute
Register

Memory corrupted after longer sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing changed in the ACPI tables, so there's no need to change the patched DSDT. I just noticed that my BIOS also has the HPET option (and it was not present in earlier BIOS versions). Mine has been set to Enabled, and I haven't tried disabling it. I think you should try both Enabled and Disabled and see if there is a difference. Keep us posted!

Edit: I did a bit of research, and it looks like Windows 10 can use the HPET (high-precision event timer), or another timer called TSC (time stamp counter). Some Windows users have asked for an option to disable the HPET (which is normally enabled) because it can cause increased latency for DPCs (deferred procedure calls), which can make the system less responsive. However I think OS X still uses the HPET, so I think it needs to be enabled.

Thanks for the update!. I'll keep you up to date if anything changes. Tempted to enable Power Nap and see if its stable now

Nothing changed in the ACPI tables, so there's no need to change the patched DSDT. I just noticed that my BIOS also has the HPET option (and it was not present in earlier BIOS versions). Mine has been set to Enabled, and I haven't tried disabling it. I think you should try both Enabled and Disabled and see if there is a difference. Keep us posted!

Good news. I can happily say I've had no signs of instability or any KP's from sleep. Everything has been pretty solid so far. Even with Power Nap enabled Its been waking/sleeping smoothly. Looks like the BIOS update has gotten around the problem :)
Still going to give it another few days before giving it the 100% thumbs-up to Gigabyte support.

Also I had to remove your DSDT patch. My USB 3.0 ports were not working as expected and refused to load 3.0 Drives. Only (SSP6) was registering which is my single front panel 3.0 port. Back to patching the DSDT via CloverConfigurator using EH01 & EH02 along side _OSI to XOSI and the FakePCIID(_XHCIMux).kext. Seems to have sorted the usb 3.0 issue.

After a few more days of stability I am willing to call this a success. As far as I am concerned, this thread is SOLVED. We know that the F11c BIOS fixes Z97X-UD5H motherboards, and the F9b BIOS fixes Z97M-D3H motherboards. @VirtualRecess, maybe you could upload the F9b BIOS, because it hasn't yet been uploaded to the tweaktown beta bios forum.

If other users have a different motherboard, look for the latest beta BIOS (you may have to request it from Gigabyte support) and please report back if you find a new BIOS that resolves the memory corruption.

Cheers!

Just got back to Gigabyte support about the success so it may change to F9b soon. For any Z97M-D3H users looking for it. The F9b update is attached below.
As far as I am concerned, this thread is SOLVED. We know that the F11c BIOS fixes Z97X-UD5H motherboards, and the F9b BIOS fixes Z97M-D3H motherboards.
Definitely agree. Sadly no configuration can fix it but only mask the problem. Either try contacting Gigabyte support or test out currently available BetaBIOS's looks to be the only fix's

Attachments

• Z97MD3H.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 126
Anyone with a Gigabyte Z97MX - Gaming 5 motherboard, there's a new beta BIOS available ver F8c that supposedly addresses compatibility issues with additional DDR memory. Has anyone tried this out?

hi, so whats the solution for the reboot after waking up ?
any guide on that ?

hi, so whats the solution for the reboot after waking up ?
any guide on that ?

This topic is about issues at wake after longer sleep. That means: shorter sleeps (and wakes of course) do work mostly because Clover got configured correctly. Does this apply to you?
If yes, you probably have a faulty BIOS like us too. Solution is: contact support. If not, work on your Clover config.plist. Read Clover Wiki and a few hints by myself:

Acpi>Fixes [x] SlpSmiAtWake
Acpi>Fixes [x] FakeLPC
Devices>USB [x] Inject
check your CPU power management. You probably need to create ssdt via ssdtPRGen...

Maybe another solution from the forum here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-for-gigabyte-4-dimm-memory-instability.125717/

I applied modifications in BIOS to three memory sub-timings: tRFC, tFAW and tRRD.

Gone respectively from 208 to 300, 24 to 75 and 5 to 9. Disclaimer: don't alter System Agent and I/O voltages as suggested: it threw errors in memtest 5.01. Also, you'll lose around 300 points in Geekbench scores (13800 to 13500 in my case) but it's been 5 days without a single KP after long periods of computer sleep...

Last edited:
Yeah, i recognized that topic too. But i'm using 2x 8GB DIMM. If i come across the idea to upgrade, i'll check that settings. At least now on 2 DIMM Gigabyte's current beta BIOS definitively fixes longer sleep/wake issues. I'm using my pc (iMac 15,1) daily and don't do shutdowns, just let it sleep.

2x8 here too but I don't have the latest beta BIOS as I rely on Ozmosis modded ones...

Yeah, i recognized that topic too. But i'm using 2x 8GB DIMM. If i come across the idea to upgrade, i'll check that settings. At least now on 2 DIMM Gigabyte's current beta BIOS definitively fixes longer sleep/wake issues. I'm using my pc (iMac 15,1) daily and don't do shutdowns, just let it sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back