Contribute
Register

Memory corrupted after longer sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys! I asked gigabyte for latest bios for Z97 D3H(ignore my profile build), told them i was having memory instability issues, and they instantly sent me f10c bios.

Totally fixed my system, completley stable even from deep sleep - very pleased to be back!

Stu

Thanks guys! I asked gigabyte for latest bios for Z97 D3H(ignore my profile build), told them i was having memory instability issues, and they instantly sent me f10c bios.

Totally fixed my system, completley stable even from deep sleep - very pleased to be back!

Stu
Aaah that's something I haven't thought about! Just emailed them about my Z97N-WIFI – maybe something comes out of it. (I now average 4 days without crashing, memory is on supported list.)

Stu

I lodged a ticket with Gigabyte for my H97-D3H and they're just asking me troubleshooting questions and haven't sent me an updated UEFI :/

Same here. They suggested I run the system with just one memory chip, keyboard and memory. Yeah. I'll run my system without a mouse and hard drive for a week.

Coincidentally my motherboard seems to be scared, since I am currently on uptime of 9 days and 2:41. This has never happened before.

What settings are you guys using in your config.plist (assuming you're using Clover)? E.g., wrt. darkwake (I tried darkwake=10, and the computer would not wake up after longer periods of sleep, even with the new BIOS update).

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the beta bios (F7a) for GA-Z97X-UD7 TH from this site:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios.html

EDIT:
I updated to this bios. No problems updating and no kernel panics when waking from sleep, although it has only been a little while. However, prior to update I would get kernel panics even after brief periods so I remain optimistic!

EDIT2:
Well, that was premature optimism, had a kernel panic later in the day

Last edited:
I know it seems like we're trying everything imaginable to see what works, but I'm getting promising results with disabling XHCI in my UEFI like I saw someone on a blog suggested. 2 days so far and no KP. Deep sleep has occurred at least 3 times.

I lodged a ticket with Gigabyte for my H97-D3H and they're just asking me troubleshooting questions and haven't sent me an updated UEFI :/
Unfortunately I won't get a new BIOS either by the looks of things. They say if I can achieve 6 days uptime "obviously everything is fine".

No more Gigabyte MBs for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back