CPU
i7-12700KF
Graphics
RX 6600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
MacMan, after changing background.png file in my custom theme folder in order to have 2560x1440 res on boot, chimera won't boot anymore with this message
Code:
Memory allocation error! Addr:0x0, Size: 0x4bf0000, File: picopng.c, Line 77
This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!!

I know probably chimera doesn't support a 2560x1440 background file, but I wonder if it is possible to implement this feature.
TIA
G.

I just ended up with the same issue - how did you fix it? I can't get to the extras folder, so now way of going back to the old default theme...

I just ended up with the same issue - how did you fix it? I can't get to the extras folder, so now way of going back to the old default theme...
Unfortunately, chimera doesn't support 2560x1440 background. I gave it up :(
Rebooted from UniBeast flash drive and replaced old background

For what its worth in case someone in the future runs across this issue, here's what I ended up doing to fix this...

I have a triple boot UEFI based machine, so I actually boot Linux (ubuntu 12.xx) via the boot menu in the BIOS rather than via Chimera/Chameleon so I was able to get into that system. However what I didnt know was that typically Ubuntu doesnt let you access journaled filesystems (which of course I am using) but I found a forced work around via fstab. Details are here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1723857

good luck...and hopefully the chameleon / chimera folks will get the bootloader to recognize a larger background image unless it has something to do with the underlying memory etc...

I also had this problem with 2560x1440 background and had to boot into Windows and use Macdrive to mount my OS X system disk in order to remove the offending background png

I have the same problem. Get the same error if i use 2560x1440 background.

I have the log into lion theme and it drives me nuts that it has a grey border around the nice lion brushed aluminum background.

i'm in need of help as it throws this error instantly it doesn't give me the opportunity to install the OS.

What resolutions are officially supported by Chimera at boot?

Is there a git repo or somewhere we can view documentation and submit pull requests?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back