i7-4770
Graphics
HD7950
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone, I have a lenovo Z580, Intel Core i5 3210m with HD4000. Today I installed Yosemite, and got all the way through without any boot flags. When I edit anything within the /Extra folder I get hit with:

Memory allocation error! Addr: 0x85f42e8, Size: 0x4d511, File: free, Lin: 0

This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!!

I have WiFi, Battery, Resolution, USB2.0/3.0, LAN and the Audio working.

My current workaround for this is to copy the /Extra folder from my UniBeast Yosemite installer and paste it into my Yosemite Drive. Then upon reboot, I'm able to reboot. I can also boot into Yosemite with the install USB.

Thanks for any help, Jack.

Hi everyone, I have a lenovo Z580, Intel Core i5 3210m with HD4000. Today I installed Yosemite, and got all the way through without any boot flags. When I edit anything within the /Extra folder I get hit with:

Memory allocation error! Addr: 0x85f42e8, Size: 0x4d511, File: free, Lin: 0

This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!!

I have WiFi, Battery, Resolution, USB2.0/3.0, LAN and the Audio working.

My current workaround for this is to copy the /Extra folder from my UniBeast Yosemite installer and paste it into my Yosemite Drive. Then upon reboot, I'm able to reboot. I can also boot into Yosemite with the install USB.

Thanks for any help, Jack.

You should probably describe what you have done so far to install.

Okay, first, thanks for your reply.

1a) I downloaded Yosemite from the App Store on my other existing Hackintosh.
1b) I downloaded UniBeast and created an Installer with laptop support on my other Hackintosh.
2a) I plugged it into my Lenovo Z580 (Which previously had 10.9.5 installed) and booted from the memory stick with no flags.
2b) I ran through the installer following the guide on this site.
2c) After the install finished, I rebooted, booting to the memory stick, then booted my new install of Yosemite.
2d) I selected my Country, keyboard etc...
3a) I downloaded my existing archive of ML and Mav kexts and copied it across to the Lenovo.
3b) I installed a few kexts with kext wizard which got everything up and running.
3c) I ran MultiBeast for Yosemite and chose to install the bootloader and theme.
3d) I rebooted, booting from my HDD.
4a) It booted in about a minute. I then downloaded my boot.plist from my previous install of Mavs.
4b) I rebooted and encountered the error.
4c) I rebooted with my memory stick and removed my boot.plist form /Extra.
4d) I rebooted and all was working.

I changed a few things in my boot.plist, rebooted and got back. I installed the FILENVRAM.dylib to /Extra/modules. Rebooted (after repairing caches of /Extra with kext wizard) then got stuck at the same error.

I booted with my memory stick and removed FileNVRAM.dylib, rebooted and thats where I am now.

Thanks for your reply, and sorry about the very long reply...

Jack

Okay, first, thanks for your reply.

1a) I downloaded Yosemite from the App Store on my other existing Hackintosh.
1b) I downloaded UniBeast and created an Installer with laptop support on my other Hackintosh.
2a) I plugged it into my Lenovo Z580 (Which previously had 10.9.5 installed) and booted from the memory stick with no flags.
2b) I ran through the installer following the guide on this site.
2c) After the install finished, I rebooted, booting to the memory stick, then booted my new install of Yosemite.
2d) I selected my Country, keyboard etc...
3a) I downloaded my existing archive of ML and Mav kexts and copied it across to the Lenovo.
3b) I installed a few kexts with kext wizard which got everything up and running.
3c) I ran MultiBeast for Yosemite and chose to install the bootloader and theme.
3d) I rebooted, booting from my HDD.
4a) It booted in about a minute. I then downloaded my boot.plist from my previous install of Mavs.
4b) I rebooted and encountered the error.
4c) I rebooted with my memory stick and removed my boot.plist form /Extra.
4d) I rebooted and all was working.

I changed a few things in my boot.plist, rebooted and got back. I installed the FILENVRAM.dylib to /Extra/modules. Rebooted (after repairing caches of /Extra with kext wizard) then got stuck at the same error.

I booted with my memory stick and removed FileNVRAM.dylib, rebooted and thats where I am now.

Thanks for your reply, and sorry about the very long reply...

Jack

Keep in mind Yosemite will require kernel flag kext-dev-mode=1.

Keep in mind Mavericks will require kernel flag kext-dev-mode=1.

Okay, I never used that flag in Mavs but I'll try it in Yosemite with regards to FileNVRAM.dylib.

Okay, I never used that flag in Mavs but I'll try it in Yosemite with regards to FileNVRAM.dylib.

My bad. Yosemite requires that flag. Fixed in my previous post.

No worries, I read online that FileNVRAM is not compatible in Yosemite and that many people are having similar problems on lesser supported hardware. I switched to Clover Bootloader, but I still cant get my iMessage working. But i'll make a new thread for that once I'm done troubleshooting.

Hi again, I've made a new thread (Link) rearding my iCloud errors.

Thanks, Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back