1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Memory allocation error! Addr: 0xdeadbeef, Size: 0x0, File: ❤, Line: 732

This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!!

I am using the latest Chameleon. It did this before and I fixed it but then I reset the bios for some reason and now this is happening. I installed mountain lion and then chameleon began doing this but only it the hackintosh drive , which is in a USB enclosure, is plugged in. I have also tried installing multibeast (using a real Mac, which afterwards still boots mountain lion) and now if I try booting directly from that drive, it says

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: error

Memory allocation error! Addr: 0xdeadbeef, Size: 0x0, File: ❤, Line: 732

This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!!

I am using the latest Chameleon. It did this before and I fixed it but then I reset the bios for some reason and now this is happening. I installed mountain lion and then chameleon began doing this but only it the hackintosh drive , which is in a USB enclosure, is plugged in. I have also tried installing multibeast (using a real Mac, which afterwards still boots mountain lion) and now if I try booting directly from that drive, it says

boot0: error

You do not have the bootloader installed properly. Try booting from your UniBeast USB and installing Chimera with the standalone installer.

The problem is, my computer would not boot from unibeast so I followed this tutorial
http://blog.vondroid.com/?p=2631
and used chameleon and OS X installer on a flash drive. I turned off the HD to boot and turned it back on to partition and install, which went smoothly but now I can't get it to boot on the pc, it will boot on my crappy Mac though

I forgot to mention the other thing that might happen, which is that if the HD isn't plugged in, the installer kernel panics as soon as the apple logo happens and all the details that came up befor the screen started to turn black, we're "can't perform kext scan: no kext summary" or so etching like that

EDIT: never mind, I had to have a specific bios settings that I didn't have but now I do and that part is fixed so now I can still only get into OS X installer

UPDATE: It has been booting the installer for 5 minutes so far, longer that the 20 seconds it did before, so maybe that won't work either :(

UPDATE AGAIN: It seems to get stuck after "MAC Framework successfully initialized
Using 10485 buffer headers and 7290 cluster IO
buffer headers

Memory Allocation Error 0xDeadbeef and other problems -Temp SOLVED

Perhaps it is a little late to reply in this thread, but maybe my experience will help folks who find it upon a search.
Same problem: Memory allocation error! Addr:0x0,file=hfs.c,line 732

Then the text tells me it is non recoverable.
I finally got a fix by disconnecting a SSD that I had installed. The SSD and all the other 4 HDDs installed have been working OK for many months. From a post elsewhere I saw someone had fixed their same problem by disconnecting drives. I first disconnected all but my OSX7.2 drive and my Win 7 drive 2 separate drives]. It was fixed. I started adding the HDDs back in. Everything worked UNTIL I connected my OSX 240GB SSD .
I disconnected it...everything worked again. I turned all power off before I disconnected or reconnected drives.
I was not overclocked when this problem happened although I usually am.
Why I was experiencing this problem neither iBoot nor rBoot would work. Elsewhere I saw something about adding the resolution line to plist in Extra was a possible fix. I have not tried that.

Bottom line: I don't understand what was/is wrong. I don't think it is the SSD. I'll try it in another computer to see.

DOES ANYONE UNDERSTAND THE ACTUAL CAUSE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back