Contribute
Register

Meltdown & Spectre Intel CPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.
And are hackintoshes exposed as well as other machines?
If there will be patches, will they also apply to older hackintoshes? (say Sandy Bridge running 10.9.5 :mrgreen: )

I don't expect Apple to release Security Updates for OSX Yosemite or older, as they are out of support (but if Apple decides to do this then I will be happy). But I do expect Apple to release Security Updates (at least for Meltdown) for El Capitan and Sierra later as they are still under support, if the Meltdown vulnerability isn't already fixed in the most recent security updates.

Last edited:
I don't expect Apple to release Security Updates for OSX Yosemite or older, as they are out of support (but if Apple decides to do this then I will be happy). But I do expect Apple to release Security Updates (at least for Meltdown) for El Capitan and Sierra later as they are still under support, if the Meltdown vulnerability isn't already fixed in the most recent security updates.
True but i seriously hope 10.12.6 will get the same security updates as 10.13.2 soon, because i'm not willing to switch yet; i read 10.13.1 was quite buggy and being my hackingtosh assembled specifically for work i wouldn't want to use a bugged OS.

Screen Shot 6.jpg

What do we do? New drivers? Patches? I've heard as long as you're running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.2 you're fine.
Keep your software updated, don't let malicious software get installed on your computer, don't visit dodgy websites. It's all just standard common sense to follow for anyone that uses a computer. Apple was working on this for months already before the recent news leaked. They have prepared accordingly. No need for anyone to push the panic button.

Asus released an update for my Z170i Pro Gaming motherboard. It's an update for Chipset (Management Engine Interface) and an MEUpdate tool use to update it I suppose but its for Windows. Should I bother installing Windows and run these updates? Does this updates carry over to macOS when I switch back or it stays on Windows only?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back