Contribute
Register

Medion Erazer X6823 Mavericks installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched some Videos and now I understand some more. So i need Clover bootloader to boot the System. The problem is I am stucked on Booting up the System. Only Safe Mode work for me. Can I install the Clover bootloader in Safe Mode?? Please make a tutorial what I need to do after installing Mavericks. I mean the first steps.

Install this bios - Fully Unlocked and patched for native os x power management https://www.dropbox.com/s/thged98qvdvdl0f/bios.bin

Boot into your bios and press F9 to reset bios to defaults

Change primary display in bios options to igfx

Change px 5.0 mode to dGPU Power Off

Change boot to legacy boot

Boot into Os x in safe mode

Download chameleon installer and install to a freshly formated usb key (format usb key as guid)

Open efi partition on usb key and delete everything

Copy these 2 folders on to root of efi partition - https://www.dropbox.com/s/8fznypafs0gtgfq/Archive.zip

Install all kexts from my previous post

Delete all nvidia kexts in system library extensions

repair permissions with disk utility

reboot and enter the bios setup

change boot from legacy to uefi

disable secure boot

boot from usb key holding down f10 and then boot you mac os x hard drive

Let me know what happens :)

Another question -

what is max over clock on the cpu using unlocked bios ?

What is you max over clock on the 670mx ?

I dont overclocked the CPU yet. Nvidia is overclocked to

GPU: 1000 MHZ (stock is 600)
RAM: 2400 MHZ (stock is 1400)

With a minimal Vcore increase. It is a very nice card to overclock. I have a score from 3D Mark 11 in my head.

Stock was 3800 points. Overclocked 5900 points.

Back to topic. Here is the first problem. In safe mode i cannot use my USB flash or external HDD. The devices are not visible. Should i try it like in the past with deleting all graphic kext (ATI and Intel too)?????. I think after it i can boot normaly.

And i do not installed your Bios yet. Do you have in this Bios the possibility to Boot with Uefi+CSM??
Because if not my Windows wont start up.

I dont overclocked the CPU yet. Nvidia is overclocked to

GPU: 1000 MHZ (stock is 600)
RAM: 2400 MHZ (stock is 1400)

With a minimal Vcore increase. It is a very nice card to overclock. I have a score from 3D Mark 11 in my head.

Stock was 3800 points. Overclocked 5900 points.

Back to topic. Here is the first problem. In safe mode i cannot use my USB flash or external HDD. The devices are not visible. Should i try it like in the past with deleting all graphic kext (ATI and Intel too)?????. I think after it i can boot normaly.

And i do not installed your Bios yet. Do you have in this Bios the possibility to Boot with Uefi+CSM??
Because if not my Windows wont start up.

My bios has UEFI + CSM, yes delete all graphics kexts and try to boot up without -x

Off Subject - what do you use to overclock your gpu ? is there any special settings that are needed as I only have max of 135 with afterburner...

Ok i will try it tomorrow. No more time and power today. I installed chameleon on my USB flash drive but there was no EFI folder on it. Maybe wrong version?? Or i understood something wrong.

Afterburner is not the prob. You need to flash a modified VBios. After it you are able to overclock more then 135MHZ.

I flashed your vbios on top of my bios, still have 135mhz is there a way to get around this ???

Try to set up os x in vmware so you can create a clover usb key search for mavericks vmware t*****t

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that must work in normal OSX too. I will try it tomorrow.
The Nvidia Card in our NB have a separately VBios.

I will help you with the VBios. Need to save it to file with GPU Z and after it i can send you the file. Flash works in Windows with NVFlash.

Cool, would be good to have your vbios - I am currently working with a guy on another forum to get brightness levels working on our x6823... Get vmware set up as soon as possible so i can help you set up a clover installer.. Also get yourself a copy of 10.9.1 Install OS X Mavericks.App ...

These are all the kexts that you need to delete -

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]AMD2400Controller.kext[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]		[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]GeForce.kext[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]AMD2600Controller.kext		GeForceGA.plugin[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]AMD3800Controller.kext		GeForceGLDriver.bundle[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]AMD4600Controller.kext		GeForceTesla.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]AMD4800Controller.kext		GeForceTeslaGLDriver.bundle[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]AMD5000Controller.kext		GeForceTeslaVADriver.bundle[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]AMD6000Controller.kext		GeForceVADriver.bundle[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]AMD7000Controller.kext		NVDAGF100Hal.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]AMDFramebuffer.kext		NVDAGK100Hal.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]AMDRadeonVADriver.bundle	NVDANV50HalTesla.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]AMDRadeonX3000.kext		NVDAResman.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle	NVDAResmanTesla.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]AMDRadeonX4000.kext		NVDAStartup.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]AMDRadeonX4000GLDriver.bundle	NVSMU.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]AMDSupport.kext[/FONT]

Hi Badaxe. I am sorry that i don't wrote back a long time. Mavericks works great now with clover boot Loader.

If u need a Battery Kext please write it in the thread. I will post the kext i use. Do u need my VBios? If yes i will post it too.

I found a little problem on the hackintosh. Sleep Mode works but if i put the computer to sleep mode it wakes up automatically in 3 seconds. Do u found a solution for this issue??

And the next problem after wake is that the display brightness is very less.

Thanks for your help and your files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back