Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Guys.

I have a Medion Erazer X6823 Notebook and try to install Mavericks on it.

Badaxe is running ML on the same NB and i hope we can make a tutorial for installing mavericks.

Hardware:

Intel Core i7 3630 QM
16GB RAM
Intel HD 4000+Geforce GTX 670MX

First problem is the Nvidia Optimus configuration on this MB. In stock Bios there is no option to disable Nvidia discrete card.

I allready installed an unlocked Bios. All hidden options are visible now.
Now i have the "switchable graphics" option in Bios. There are 2 points in this option. The first one is stock (muxed) and cannot be changed cuz there is only this 1 option.
In the second option it is possible to activate the point "disable dGPU" But after it the Nvidia Card is still visible in Windows and Mac OS (safe mode boot).

So Badaxe lets start to resolve the issue.

When you boot into windows with dgpu disabled can you run apps on your nvidia card ?

Yes I can. So the Card is still available.

Options in Bios:

SG Mode select: Muxeless (the description in Bios tell me something about Muxed and Muxless option but only Muxeless is available)

PX 5.0 Mode: dGPU Power off

Yes I can. So the Card is still available.

Options in Bios:

SG Mode select: Muxeless (the description in Bios tell me something about Muxed and Muxless option but only Muxeless is available)

PX 5.0 Mode: dGPU Power off

dGPU function is not working, who unlocked your bios ?

This Forum.

https://forum-en.msi.com

I donate some money and got an unlocked Bios from an Forum User.

How do you disable the card?? Is the disable dGPU option work on your Medion??

This Forum.

https://forum-en.msi.com

I donate some money and got an unlocked Bios from an Forum User.

How do you disable the card?? Is the disable dGPU option work on your Medion??

Svet unlocked my bios also.. Can you send me a copy so I can take a look..

I will upload my bios so you can try it as my dGPU disable option works fine.

Yes it was Svet.
I wrote him and found now a solution. I need to set Primary Monitor to IGFX. It is the option in Main Tab in Bios and the arrow without name. Now only the HD 4000 is active. But if your option works there must be an issue with the options in my bios.

Now i can deactivate Nvidia but need to scroll 100 points to come to the point for changing internal dislpay.

But OK the first point is resolved.

Now i explain you how i installed mavericks.

After Installation i need to boot in safe mode to delete Bluetooth kexte because it firstly stuck on loading bluetooth. After it i cannot Boot because it stucks on NTFS devices. In the past I resolved it with erasing all ATI, Nvidia and Intel Kexts. But in this Time the Nvidia Card was active. Now it is disabled.

Fast Boot is disabled. Disks are in AHTC mode.

Delete all Nvidia kexts... When I am sober (its saturday night)I will upload all my files for you to use.. I have everything working native.. Only Fakesmc and modified AppleHDA...

Send me your bios so I can make a test...

Ok no problem. But i dont want to share my Bios free for all. Create a trashmail adress, so we still stay Anonymous. I will try your resolution tomorrow because it is saturday :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Ok no problem. But i dont want to share my Bios free for all. Create a trashmail adress, so we still stay Anonymous. I will try your resolution tomorrow because it is saturday :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Sure send to [email protected]

----------------------------------------

Here are files for mavericks 10.9.1 on x6823 -

AppleHDA.kext modified for ALC892 Big Thanks to Toleda for helping me out on this one in this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/122634-alc892-laptop-hd4000-4.html
AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext Modified for HD4000 Framebuffer 0x03006601 (HDMI Audio Added) - Big Thanks to Toleda for helping me out on this one in this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/122634-alc892-laptop-hd4000-4.html
GenericUSBXHCI.kext for working USB 3.0
ALXEthernet.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext modified for working onboard ethernet Killer E2200. Big thanks to gamester3333 over in this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/120084-working-kext-killer-e2200.html
AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext for Keyboard and Trackpad Support (taken from multi beast)
AHCIPortInjector.kext FakeSMC.kext IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext - These Kexts are placed in my Clover 10.9 kext folder on my efi partition.
SSDT.AML for Ivy Bridge Power management needs to replaced in CLOVER/ACPI/patched
DSDT.AML for X6823 motherboard needs to replaced in CLOVER/ACPI/patched
This is my clover config.plist, please change smbios serial number to make your system unique if you use this.

Here is my Bios that has been patched with pmpatch so I can use native Ivy Bridge Powermanagement - Bios.bin (because nvidia gpu is still active in this bios you will lose battery life, delete all nvidia kexts to boot with this bios)

To flash bios and pass secure check use gan method -

afuwinx64 bios.bin /gan

I also have a unlocked bios that has been patched with PmPatch for native Ivy Bridge Powermanagement. This bios has advanced features that have been unlocked by msi forum moderator Svet. Advanced features include overclocking, gpu overclocking, voltages, and many many more. This cost me a 50 euros in donation fees. If you want to this bios then mail me at "matlear46800 @ iCloud.com"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back