Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrocp P67 Pro3
CPU
Intel i5-2500k
Graphics
Radeon HD 7950
Hi,

I've been trying to install Sierra and I'm stuck with partitioning. I can't erase a partition previously made in Windows.

My partitions:
lr4UrP65TU_KfpBeSv_bkQ.png

So i have 1 TB HDD (disk 0), 500 GB HDD (disk 2) and 128 GB SSD (disk 1).
On SSD are Windows and Linux + linux /home on 500GB HDD (taking 200GB of space) and i wanted to install MacOS on a partition on this 500GB drive. (1 TB is just a storage for Windows)
So i shrinked drive using EaseUS Partition Master and formatted it to NTFS beacause mac installer haven't seen unallocated space. When I'm trying to erase the partition (in mac installator) I have an error "mediakit reports not enough space on device for requested operation". Now this partiton type is seen as "Other".

I've read that it's coused by too small efi partition but i don't see any at all. Should I made one ? And on which disk ? Disk where I've installed Windows+Linux or disk where i plan to instal MacOS ?

And after Mac installation will I be able to run all three systems ? Will they appear in clover if they are on separate disks ? What will happen to GRUB ?

PS All systems are in Legacy bios mode.

Any help will be appreciated :)

Hi,

I've been trying to install Sierra and I'm stuck with partitioning. I can't erase a partition previously made in Windows.

My partitions:
lr4UrP65TU_KfpBeSv_bkQ.png

So i have 1 TB HDD (disk 0), 500 GB HDD (disk 2) and 128 GB SSD (disk 1).
On SSD are Windows and Linux + linux /home on 500GB HDD (taking 200GB of space) and i wanted to install MacOS on a partition on this 500GB drive. (1 TB is just a storage for Windows)
So i shrinked drive using EaseUS Partition Master and formatted it to NTFS beacause mac installer haven't seen unallocated space. When I'm trying to erase the partition (in mac installator) I have an error "mediakit reports not enough space on device for requested operation". Now this partiton type is seen as "Other".

I've read that it's coused by too small efi partition but i don't see any at all. Should I made one ? And on which disk ? Disk where I've installed Windows+Linux or disk where i plan to instal MacOS ?

And after Mac installation will I be able to run all three systems ? Will they appear in clover if they are on separate disks ? What will happen to GRUB ?

PS All systems are in Legacy bios mode.

Any help will be appreciated :)

There must be a 200mb+ EFI partition on any GPT disk if you expect to manipulate it with Disk Utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back