Graphics
120 fps on dizzy down the rapids
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
experimenting at the moment this is not the first time this case has been modded and will not be the last

DSCF5935.jpgDSCF5936.jpgDSCF5938.jpg

about to change it again
DSC00548.jpgDSC00549.jpgDSC00551.jpg
DSC00541.jpg
the other case you can see in the picture is a bit more special it is also a full atx mod however on that one i did not make or mod the back panel and fit everything in a alternative way .

That looks amazing!:headbang:
Both of them looks pretty cool but personally I like the green paint job. I'm just starting mine at the moment, but I'm going to leave mine stock colours since I don't know how to paint like that:lol:
Also I would be very interested as to how you did your dvd drives, mine is a sawtooth case but I might be able to work something out.

in that other one the motherboard i fit sideways and all sockets and ports are then ported to the back panel via extension cables the graphics card sits in its origonal slot . usb,s and ethernet port use the origonal holes and the extra sound and dvi, hdmi ports are extended to a singly bracket on a spare pci slot .

it depends on the layout of your board if you can fit it in this way . you need a board where the cpu and ram will not interfere with the drive cage . you can just about do it bending the pcie extension cable at the most minimal position.

i will show u some pictures once i have fixed my camera for a better explanation. my phones one just don't cut it

Hi!:lol:
I'd be very interested to see how you did that, I'm a bit nervous about hacking up the back panel on mine and it'd be really nice to keep the original back. Where did you get the extension cables? Or did you make them?
Also did you keep the power supply in the original spot? I want to as long as the cpu cooler will still fit, that's my only worry:O
Thanks!

hey man .

i used the original psu case and fixings on both mods and fitted them out with some generic 500w psu's. i fitted custom heatsincs i made to one of them as the standard ones they came with were crap!

all the usb lead extensions and such i made myself out of old bits and pieces i had laying around

to keep the psu where it is i had to extend the 24pin and the 4 pin board cables . i had some old ones to use i just connected up. So that they can run down the backside of the case and across the bottom .

btw about the paint.
the panels are painted on the inside after removing the original paint and cleaning off so you don't need to be any good at painting you just need to be able to lay down a even layer of paint on the inside . to remove the paint i used (FAIRY POWER SPRAY) i got through two bottles you want to leave it on to soak for at least 8 hours or a lil more . if you leave it to long you risk damaging the plastic even tho it is mild
0206463_l.jpg if i remember rite it was about 2 quid a bottle from asda or somewhere similar. don't try to use your average paint remover if you are going to have a go as you will melt the plastic

Awesome thanks! Any pictures of the inside? I'm contemplating mounting my motherboard sideways and extending the cables, usb isn't a huge problem but what did you do for the ethernet and VGA plugs? I was thinking I could just grab and old video card and use the mounting bracket to bolt on a vga extension, but I'm not sure if the screws would attach?

I could just cut the back panel but It would never end up looking the same so I might go this way!
Thanks, great modding BTW.:lol:

i will put pictures up of the other one at a later date when i have finished this one. i will need to borrow a camera. at the moment i am using my phones

i looked at your thread and seen your g4. To be honest i would just cut the back panel to fit the IO shield on that one. especially as you are using a Matx board
The only reason i did that sideways alternate fit to mine was it is a full atx and the MDD g4 back panel is a lot more awkward than a G4 sawtooth. its not straight on the back edge due to the motherboard being a irregular shape 630___4269_820___1453___a_logic_board_for_apple_powermac_g4_mdd_mirrow_working_1_lgw.jpg

DSC00598 - Copy.jpgDSC00623 - Copy.jpg

i included a couple of shots of the modded psu's for you . this one is not as nice as the other i did but that one is currently in use and i did not want to remove it .

the back panel i made and shaped out of a piece of old sheet steel using an angle grinder and finnishing off with burring tools :confused: could not afford to buy any cutting discs for the rotary tool . luckily i always have some grinder blades laying about . in these pictures everything is just thrown in the case and the IO shield is not on because i do not know where i left it
DSC00605 - Copy.jpg
DSC00609 - Copy.jpgDSC00610 - Copy.jpgDSC00552 - Copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back