Contribute
Register

mbar97's newest build - i7-3770k/GTX670/Z77X-UD5H (10.8.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same motherboard (rev 1.0) but had to disable CPU PLL Voltage to avoid those issues.
You have the same revision ?

Yes, but I didn't have this issue. That is the darndest thing...

Hey Miles. I got around to building my first Hack, UD5H, 3570k, GTX 670 FTW, and Mountain Lion.
Were you able to get
HWMonitor.app to work?
I get Kernel Panic when I try selecting it in Multi-Beast (although sometimes it works while in Safe Mode -x).
Right now I only have the basic FakeSMC working to show drive temps, but not CPU, GPU, ambient temps, etc.
I'd be curious to hear if you got​
HWMonitor.app to work. Thanks.​

About FakeSMC and HWmonitor, I remember having a problem when I installed FakeSMC AND Fake SMC Plugin. I finally realised it was working by selecting FakeSMC Plugin in Multibeast and NOT FakeSMC. After the installation was complete, I updated HWMonitor with the latest release and was able to have all temps, including GPU.

Thanks for looking into this for me. I found the answer in some other threads.
It has to do with the factory overclocked 670 cards. I have the FTW edition. The Clock Speed monitor is what causes the crashes.
Someone has created a version that only does GPU temp and GPU fan speed, excluding GPU clock speed, but I couldn't figure out how to get that working. I'm fine with not having GPU monitoring until it gets corrected in a future MultiBeast update.
Thanks again.

Hey there, loved your video it was awesome! I'm looking into buying pretty much your same system (mobo,cpu,psu) but I don't plan on gaming or doing anything graphics-intensive at all so I'm looking to go a much cheaper route with buying the EVGA GeForce GT 640 graphics card thats only going to cost me $87.. It does have 2gb dedicated memory but it is ddr3. Anyways I am an absolute noob and have never built a computer let alone a hackintosh.. What would I have to change in multibeast to accomodate my graphics card compared to yours? I am not sure what to expect and am worried I'm not going to be able to get everything up and running.

On another note, Of course I've been doing all sorts of research on this website but I'm also really confused with what it means to flash bios to f8. Every tutorial/howto never really touch on this so I'm sort of confused. I also don't understand what Boot with GraphicsEnabler=No and PCIRootUID=0 and of course -v means. I know, I'm a complete noob and thats definitely beginner stuff, but if you know an easy way to explain or of any good posts or whatever that I should read regarding that that would be so sweet.

Keep it up with the videos, you do a really good job!

Thanks,
Jess
:)

Yes, it completely works for me. That is very odd. What aspects of your build differ from mine?

Great build Miles! I have just about the same build except for a MSI GeForce GTX 670 and a Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, are you having any issues in the build so I can be sure before I click buy? Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back