i7-8700k
Graphics
Intel Integrated
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I built my first hackintosh a few months back, and with some tweaking and troubleshooting (thanks to this forum) I've got things running fairly well. I'm using a Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming WiFi, and while WiFi didn't work (as expected) the Bluetooth on the board worked quite well. I'd been using a USB WiFi adapter in the meantime, but decided to get something more permanent. My WDN4800 worked out of the box which was great, but now the Bluetooth on my MB doesn't seem to be working anymore.

I'd all but given up, and had an IOGear GBU521 sitting around and figured I'd plug that in and pair my Magic Mouse with that, but while the IOGear dongle did work on this machine previously it doesn't want to work now. I tried all of my available USB ports but can't get the computer to recognize my devices. I've read that the GBU521 will only recognize devices if it'splugged into a USB 2.0 port, but I've been unable to get it to work in any port (after following RehabMan's custom SDST tutorial, which is fantastic). I tried to search the forums for assistance but wasn't able to find anything.

Has anyone experienced an issue like this one, and if so could you share what you did to resolve it? Thank you in advance.

My apologies- I meant to post this in Post Installation > Network. Can this be moved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back