Graphics
Nvidia GTX 650 ti 1024 MB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello people,

In my current G5 mod I had created my own backpanel. The MB however is not held in place by standoffs but by my, ehm, solution. :p In fact in works fine but if I want to remove the motherboard, things get a little bit tricky so I decided I had to adjust the backplate.

I'd like to cut the backplate of an old pc case and mount in the G5 using the original screws. Doing the measurements myself isn't that big of a problem but if anyone of you has them already, would you like to share them with me? Tips and tricks are welcome too, of course.

Thanks in advance,

Thij :)

It might be easier to use the backplate and the back of the old PC, i did that also. Then you don't have to measure everything, you just need to adjust the rear end of your G5.

Good luck,
Jaap

It might be easier to use the backplate and the back of the old PC, i did that also. Then you don't have to measure everything, you just need to adjust the rear end of your G5.

Good luck,
Jaap

Yeah that's what I want to do. I thought maybe someone would have the right measurements so I can mount the plate on the original screws and keeping a good MB position, so the GPU fits perfectly at its PCI slot.

Edit: Noticed you glued the mounting plate to the back. That's not what I want to do. I want to use the original screw holes at the side of the G5 case to mount my backplate. These are the measurements I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back