Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

Basically after trying to fix the common audio issue recently (audio had been working for several months) I think I ended up bricking my El Capitan install after trying to install an old version of MultiBeast. Kernal panic initiates and cannot be bypassed by booting in safe mode. The error is this driver not found "
\"ACPI\".\n"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3248.60.10/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1665"

Recovery HD partition hangs at about 75% on the Apple Load screen. I did make a copy of my El Capitan SSD (I have all my files stored on a separate hard drive but the OS and programs are on this SSD) with CCC but I made it save to a external drive that I use for time machine. May have been a dumb move because I cannot boot from it.

Anyway, can someone help me with the next steps to get the bootable USB so I can wipe the current SSD and get a clean install on it? I obviously have done this before to make my hackintosh but I honestly don't know up from down at this point and I'm getting frustrated. Right now I'm working off my healthy Windows SSD and I need to wipe the El Capitan SSD, reinstall, and (if possible) restore all program files from my CCC recovery. Also any info about making sure my HDD with my files stays in tact would be great.

If i'm completely misguided, let me know what my direction should be.

Setup:
i7 4790k
Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 5 Mobo
EVGA GTX 960 4GB RAM

Last edited:
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Relevant info is there...unless I'm missing something.

Relevant info is there...unless I'm missing something.
Yes, you are.

The rules require that your system specs are in your profile not some random place of your own choosing.
This way you only have to enter them once and everyone can find them without searching this whole thread and any subsequent ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back