Contribute
Register

[May 2020 UPDATE] USB SSDT for Z370M-DS3H (100% working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@WizMeister

Do you have an iTunes version compatible with your iPad's iOS version installed and did your system ask you to "Trust" your iPad?

I think charging iOS devices doesn't work on USB2/3/3.1gen1 ports (with data lines) if you don't trust them first, unlike external chargers and batteries who are dumb devices that just provide 5V all the time.

iPhone Charging works, also deploying ios apps via Xcode (I am a developer). I can also deploy Apps on the iPad ... it's just charging that does not work.

PS. UPDATE: I have also tried to charge it on my MBP Late 2013. Very weird, on Mojave it did charge, on Catalina it doesn't charge the iPad with the MBP either. Very Strage.

That's odd. Try a different cable and port.

[UPDATE]

I created a custom USBPorts.kext (thanks to the fantastic Hackintool app) that replaces the original SSDT I made back in 2018 and stopped working since when I updated to Mojave 10.14.6 (should also work with 10.15.x.)

You will also need XHCI-unsupported.kext, available there: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All

Installation:

Remove the following from your EFI and/or Library/Extensions folder:

- USB SSDT
- USBInjectAll.kext
- XHCI-200-series-injector.kext and XHCI-300-series-injector.kext (replaced by XHCI-unsupported.kext)

Then put both USBPorts.kext and XHCI-unsupported.kext in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other

You can also uncheck everything related to USB in Clover >> "Devices" and disable/remove port limit patches in "Kernel and Kext Patches"

Rebuild your kext caches if USBInjectAll.kext wasn't installed inside Clover.

Restart and voila!

Notes:

- like the SSDT, one of the internal USB 2.0 ports is still disabled (to stay within the 15 ports limit)

- Sleep/wake works perfectly fine (use darkwake=8 or 10)

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 178
I believe our motherboard doesn't need the XHCI-unsupported.kext, as it doesn't need any patching on that front. As stated by RehabMan, loading it even if you don't need it won't cause any issues at all: but it's still not required. I've been using, until a few days ago, a USBPorts.kext which worked great, even allowing sleep (except for a strange bug where only some devices were recognised by a particular port: e.g., one of my 2.0 flash drives isn't even powered up by the USB port, while another one works flawlessly).
Unfortunately, when I tried mapping my ports from scratch with USBMap as per OpenCore's guide, sleep stopped working altogether and some ports I'd always noticed in Hackintool (USR1 and USR2) won't come back, not even after clearing everything up and loading USBInjectAll for port discovery. Even after twelve years of hackintoshing, I can't wrap my head around this issue.

I appreciate your efforts, as we have the same mobo, but for some strange reason your kext doesn't work as expected (nor ever did the old DSDT). The ports count is correct, but one of my ports keeps exhibiting that strange bug I mentioned before and, above all, sleep doesn't work. What troubles me the most, actually, is the fact that the USB ports work the same way whether I use a mapper kext or just USBInjectAll, as if mapping them made little to no difference (aside from sleep). Are you sure the kext actually works with Catalina? Also, my model Z370M-DS3H is listed as "rev 1.0": is it possible you're using a different revision? Thanks in advance!

Are you sure the kext actually works with Catalina? Also, my model Z370M-DS3H is listed as "rev 1.0": is it possible you're using a different revision? Thanks in advance!

My model is also 1.0 and USB works the same on Mojave and Catalina

I use the latest BIOS version (F14b) that requires the ACPI RTC patch (find: A00A9353 54415301 replace: A00A910A FF0BFFFF), without it Mojave and Catalina won't boot.

You must also enable everything in
  • USB Configuration
    • Legacy USB Support
    • XHCI Hand-off
    • USB Mass Storage Driver Support
    • Port 60/64 Emulation
    • Mass Storage Devices

And make sure CSM is disabled.

My model is also 1.0 and USB works the same on Mojave and Catalina

I use the latest BIOS version (F14b) that requires the ACPI RTC patch (find: A00A9353 54415301 replace: A00A910A FF0BFFFF), without it Mojave and Catalina won't boot.

You must also enable everything in
  • USB Configuration
    • Legacy USB Support
    • XHCI Hand-off
    • USB Mass Storage Driver Support
    • Port 60/64 Emulation
    • Mass Storage Devices

And make sure CSM is disabled.

Thank you for sharing your settings. Looks like we have the same revision and configuration, the only difference would be that I'm using OpenCore (goodbye, Clover hotfixes!). Besides, I wouldn't have enjoyed sleep and everything till a few days ago if that weren't the case.

You know, it's as if some property was permanently edited, modified when I remapped my ports, but I know that's not possible. What I'm going to do next is installing Catalina ex novo to an empty drive and see if I can either get your kext working or remap everything. I must be missing something about my current partition but... I have no idea at this point. One thing is sure: USBMap did more harm than good, I should have just stayed with Hackintool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back