Contribute
Register

Maximus VII Hero BCM94360CD bluetooth USB - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Long title, a lot to parse, but hopefully I can explain my issue.

My relevant system info is as follows:

OS X Sierra 10.12.3
ASUS Maximus VII Hero (Z97)
i7-4790k @ 4.6ghz
32GB ddr3 memory
BCM94360CD card + PCI-E adapter

SO, everything has been great with Hackintosh/osx86 except this last piece that I can't figure out. Got my SSDT generated fine, etc. However, the issue is my BCM94360CD card. Wifi works fantastically, but bluetooth is not recognized in OS X. If I reboot into Windows 10, it shows up no problem (albeit with no drivers, but I have bootcamp drivers on a USB for the next time I'm in Windows).

I did some researching and searching and found that it's probably an issue with the USB header on the motherboard not being injected properly (is this the right way of putting it?). So I tried the USBInjectAll.kext from https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All

I also put in his 9-series kext (even though 10.11+ doesn't require it).

I've renamed EHC1 and EHC2 to EH01 and EH02 respectively. I've done the XHCI -> XHC rename as well. Also did the 15->20 port increase.

I've further patched my DSDT with rules specific to the Maximus VII Hero motherboard using MaciASL (and put the resulting DSDT into EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/).

I've verified that all .aml/kexts APPEAR to be loading/executing via bdmesg.

Yet, the bluetooth portion of the card still won't show up. It's baffling. I'm using one of the bottom USB headers on the motherboard.

I must be missing something, perhaps something to do in Clover? Please help me end this insanity.

@brpc, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Thanks, I've done that now- and an update:

So, I found a solution mentioned in passing by someone (sorry, I've lost the thread already) that mentioned disabling/deleting the FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext

So, I tried that... and it works. USB 2.0 devices are going through the USB 3.0 drivers but I couldn't care less. I don't tend to use any devices that truly need USB 3.0 speeds, and everything appears to be working... The few USB 3.0 thumbdrives I've tried all say 5Gb/s under System Profiler, so that's good enough for me.

In addition to that, I was able to remove the USBInjectAll kext, Series-9 kext, removed the port limit patch, and removed the _OSI -> XOSI patch.

Basically, I removed everything except the rename of EHC1/2 to EH01/2- I left those in place because I figured they can't harm anything. I don't know if they're required.

But now my question is... why would the FakePCIID_XHCIMux kext cause this? I understand its purpose is to send USB2 -> USB2 driver, but all USB 2 headers on the motherboard were completely dead with that kext. Maybe @RehabMan could comment on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back