Intel i5-3450 3.1 GHz
Graphics
GeForce GT 640 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I just finished installing Mavericks on my hackintosh, and it won't load from the Chimera boot loader. I select my Mac HD, it flashes the grey Apple screen for a second, and then it reboots, endlessly. The only way I can load to my desktop is to put in the USB, select my boot drive through my motherboard bios, then select Mavericks, and it works just fine after that.

Any ideas on what is going wrong? I will include a pic of my Multibeast settings, in case that is helpful. Thanks everyone!

Screen Shot 2013-10-27 at 1.28.07 PM.jpg

Same issue on 3 computers I have here. Posted a topic on this yesterday without a reply any help would be great. All 3 computers are different setups and all result in the same issue just endless loop unless I use the uni beast usb boot loader to boot.

Same to me too I have Z68X-UD3H-B3 with a UEFI bios run Mountain Lion on it fine but when finish installing Mavericks can't boot get Darwin kernel panic. can anybody help thank you

I guess I my as well get use to using the USB to boot the PC. Been looking for the last 2 days to find a fix trying anything I come across without luck. Tried every boot loader I could find which result in the same outcome. Seems know one knows the real cause.

Try this to take the pain away.

I have tested this fix on 4 systems all result in no longer needing to use the uni beast USB stick to boot now able to boot via hdd only. Here is what I did to get all 4 system running fine.

After installing OS X I installed multi beast as normal installed all required things for my PC's and also installed the boot loader I believe it was 2.2.1 the newest also installed black theme for it. After doing that and rebooting I went to terminal to show hidden files then I browser to the uni beast USB stick and got some files out of the extra folder. I believe these are the files/folders. I got the extensions folder, theme folder, org.chameleon.Boot.plist file and the smbios.plist I also went back one folder out of the extra folder and got the boot file. I then proceeded to going to my main OS X drive and then deleting all the same files in the main OS X drive then putting the files I toke off the uni beast usb on the main OS X drive as replacements. Was able to boot without issue. I believe I had to boot with -v -x -f on 2 of the systems for the first time then restarted the pc and no longer had to use the -v -f -x.

Worked on 4 of my systems and all was fine. Hope this helps other people as it did with me.

If this fails and you try to boot back off the uni beast usb stick and does not boot don't be scared boot with -f with uni beast and you should be back into OS X via uni beast.

Stupid me. I have solved the booting issue.

My problem was due to using an old version of Chimera. I have upgraded to the latest Chimera and now I can boot directly from Maverikcs in my harddisk. No need USB.

Hey guys! I've been reading through the comments, and to the best of my knowledge I've been having the same issue as frei0135, which is strange seeing as Unibeast worked for me back in Snow Leopard.

Anyway, I followed the official Mavericks installation tutorial on this site and, sound aside, everything worked beautifully without any kernel flags (ethernet, WiFi, bluetooth, USB 3.0, camera, and even sleep/hibernate!).

Anyway, I installed the latest VoodooHDA kext (currently v2.8.4), and everything was just peachy.

So after this point, I tried installing Easybeast (I've also tried DSDT-free in the past). The install seemed to successfully complete, but when I tried just booting from the HDD (without my Unibeast drive plugged in), my system couldn't find a valid partition to boot from. However, If I try to boot from the HDD with my Unibeast drive plugged in, it seems to harvest content off of the flash-drive in order to load chimera (from the HDD).

That said, I've tried darkrisingx recommendations, but still no luck.

Hi there. I was having similar problems. I posted for help in two threads. I finally got it working. Here is the quote from my main post. Hope it helps.

"Thanks for the help. All up and running now. I deleted all the boot.plist in my extra folder and rebuilt using multibeast. I had a slight problem, where i could not see the multiboot screen, but i installed "instant menu" and now I can multiboot. My boot screen was looking all squashed, so I also installed the "1080p" option in multibeast and it now looks fine. I have also updated Mavericks to the latest version. Thanks once again. This was driving me nuts trying to get it working."

ps

here is the original thread.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ks-without-unibeast-usb-stick.html#post732800

Thank you for the response. I tried rebuilding the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file, with Multibeast 6.0.1's Easybeast option, but still no luck.

I think that the problem occurs earlier on in the boot process, before my system has a chance to load Easybeast (without the USB stick inserted, I don't even get a glimpse of the Easybeast menu). Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the Unibeast drive uses a HFS+ partition with a MBR partition table, whereas my mavericks installation uses a HFS+ partition and a GUID partition table?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back